-: 05 Oct 2011 [00:00]
Translate»
To the executive board and the support team of Riga and to all 1100AD players11 (who still enjoy this game).

Recently our order š۩ƒ CARPE NOCTEM š۩ğ (on server holy grail search) received several evidences (anonymously) that various members of hostile orders made use of software bugs and hence perform bug using since many months.

Especially, this concerns the amount of resources (coal, iron, stone, wood and lime) which can be produced in a fort.

Under normal conditions, one can have , as we all know, only one building for resource production of each type in a city or a fort.

Below you will find the link to a screenshot (we have quite a variety of such pictures) which proves that there are players in this game with 5 coal mines, saw mills etc. in one fort.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/199/bullit.png/

A simple calculations shows you which advantages those players have taken from this software bug:

If you have a gold-subscription a mine (at level 20) produces 741 units per hour.
Taking advantage of this software bug this players receives instead 5*741=3705 units of each type (coal, iron, stone, wood and lime). Since some months players get out of 1 fort the same amount of resources as a honest player out of 5 forts.

Lets take a realistic further example i.e. a player with 4 forts:

A honest player can produce at most 741*4 = 2964 resources per hour of each type. Those who did cheat got 741*4*5 = 14 820 per hour (i.e. five times more).

Continuing with this mathematics is very interesting that those players had to invest only once 100 gold (instead of 5*100 gold) for e.g. 5 saw mills. Hence they profited twice from this software bug (more resources in a fort AND this for a very low price).

Players (with gold abo) who had to buy urgently needed resources via the marketplace (30 gold = 7410 resources, or 70 gold = 14820 resources ) or had to use diamonds hat therefore quite some disadvantages compared to the cheaters.

Among others, this plays an important role once the troops were killed or when on tries to get the next city point by donating to the library.

Anyone who has made use of this bug so far, has no reason to be pride of that he is among the most educated players or that his army is quickly again among the most powerful once his troops have been killed.
On January 7th, 2011 TORFO informed us in the German forum (see thread-"Exploits") about the following:

In large projects it is quite probable that the software is not completely bug free. To profit from those errors to your own advantage (and for the advantage of others) is of course forbidden.

Whoever discovers such an error has to inform the support team. If in retrospect it can be proven that advantage has been taken from such a bug, this leads – without any exception – to an immediate loss of the account ..... etc.pp. see:

http://www.1100ad.com/forum.php?a=view/22141/last #btm

We hereby ask the executive board of 1100ad.com to apply this rule which was communicated to us By TORFO and to ban those players who have used this bug now for months for their own benefit (independent of their respective affiliation to a specific order)

Everything else is unreasonable.

The other players of 1100ad.com we would like to ask to let the Riga support team know that it is unsupportable that they tolerate such an behavior which leads to such an irregularity in the game.

After all we all like very much to play this game and we all probably want to use all the same pros and cons, at least I think so?

Making use of bugs in such a way and size should by no means be accepted or tolerated. In contrary we should do everything we can to fight for your rights and a fair game.

die intressengemeinschaft der š۩ƒ CARPE NOCTEM š۩ğ

P. S. http://www.1100ad.com/wiki/Iron_mine