1  2 »»»
DZIK
ekkor: 17 Jan 2012 [12:38]
Translate»
latest updates came with serious amount of bugs, which made gameplay really hard, or for someone even impossible, lot of players already have decided to not invest into this game anymore, and if it will continue like that, a lot more will leave game, so i ask the dev's: why you don't test your updates? last month was a disaster, and it still continues.. dont get me wrong, the updates were cool, but those bugs, and rushed fixes spoiled everything, so i'm wondering why you have that alpha server? like the autorob funcion,someone said that programmers are rewriting it, but what the (:s13:) why they do it on the way? was it so hard to test it on alpha, why it came untested on all servers at the time? list is large, and with this post i just wanted to remind you dev's :
test, test & test your updates and you will recive only nice feedback, right now you are doing it wrong...(:s14:)
 1  2 »»»
crimson
ekkor: 17 Jan 2012 [12:45]
Kvóta DZIK:
why you don't test your updates?

you think they implemented before they ran tests?
Kvóta DZIK:
alpha server?

the way I see it, the alpha server was a fail from the start.
Kvóta DZIK:
and it still continues..

last I heard, everything was fixed.
Kvóta DZIK:
but those bugs, and rushed fixes spoiled everything

bugs do spoil things, but even the fixes spoiled stuff? I do not understand.
AdWarrior
Fejlesztő
ekkor: 17 Jan 2012 [12:48]
DZIK, we completely understand your disappointment, last month came with a serious rush, we were trying to make everything on time and there were a little to much of things to do. We have our own internal tester right now, so we will try to avoid that kind of situation in future. Thank you for your understanding.
hjuler
ekkor: 17 Jan 2012 [13:04]
Crimson, dzik is right, it is how most of us feel.

AdWarrior, glad to hear it, we hope for less bugs in the future. Like dzik says, most of the updates were cool, but they were shadowed by the amount of mistakes. We all love to play the game, and we also want new additions, but we dont want things to change too much, so I know we can be difficult to deal with lol. Just keep the bugs down and we will be happy (:s1:)
DZIK
ekkor: 17 Jan 2012 [13:04]
Kvóta crimson:
you think they implemented before they ran tests?

obviously yes
Kvóta crimson:
last I heard, everything was fixed.

nop, there are still some bug with sending main army from own cities, one player from my order still cant control his army

Kvóta crimson:
the way I see it, the alpha server was a fail from the start.

probably becouse players had too much options in there (:s8:)

Kvóta crimson:
bugs do spoil things, but even the fixes spoiled stuff?

jup, as i saw it: fixing one bug, created another

AdWarrior thanks for fast reply, but unfortunately this part we hear a lot
Kvóta AdWarrior:
so we will try to avoid that kind of situation in future
(:s14:)
crimson
ekkor: 17 Jan 2012 [14:08]
Kvóta hjuler:
Crimson, dzik is right, it is how most of us feel.

never once did I say or refer to anything about how the players felt. I know most players, especially gold account players, felt really upset with the glitches. however, to my knowledge (or memory) the only main glitch from the build was with auto-rob getting stuck (not stuck stuck, you could manually return them...). Please correct me if I'm wrong about there being only one main problem, but I feel like this situation was overly exaggerated. yes, I have a gold account, yes I use auto-rob everyday, yes I had to spend an extra 15 minuets to send my robbing groups back. well, this is my own opinion, I know most will still not agree with me...
Kvóta DZIK:
there are still some bug with sending main army from own cities, one player from my order still cant control his army

can you explain?
Kvóta DZIK:
probably becouse players had too much options in there

the recuitment was not regulated, anyone who asked could join...lead to many many newbies and players who wanted to be the best at button clicking...not many players who were experienced and wanted to help test joined.
Kvóta DZIK:
jup, as i saw it: fixing one bug, created another

in the real word, this happens quite often. sooner or later, all (or most depending on the future of game-play) bugs will be worked out and the next build will be in development.
zerberus101
ekkor: 17 Jan 2012 [14:27]
Kvóta AdWarrior:
DZIK, we completely understand your disappointment, last month came with a serious rush, we were trying to make everything on time and there were a little to much of things to do. We have our own internal tester right now, so we will try to avoid that kind of situation in future. Thank you for your understanding.

I can hear it now, years have been second a company which operates internationally must look more to the customer. because you can not always tell in latvia is a different mentality. it must be played as a standart in others. the support function was never done properly. it must not exceed 5 days or longer to go once you get reporting. also the flow of information for new matters not right. There are many players no longer play and give no more money, because no one pays for worse. we can not play this game and that it is best known as playing a joke, because with so many problems one must not apply for it.(:s13:)(:s27:)
DZIK
ekkor: 17 Jan 2012 [14:28]
frissítve: 17 Jan 2012 [14:31]
crimson about auto-rob.. sending manualy troops home means it's not an auto anymore (:s17:)
Kvóta crimson:
can you explain?

no need, person who got that problem, posted a ticken in support so it is work for dev's now (:s26:) (only prob. is that no reply on ticket, but that's a common problem)
Kvóta crimson:
in the real word, this happens quite often

that's why we play this game no? to get out of real world and feel like mighty kings and warriors (:s19:)
crimson
ekkor: 17 Jan 2012 [14:34]
Kvóta DZIK:
crimson about auto-rob.. sending manualy troops home means it's not an auto anymore

which is exactly why I said the auto-rob was glitch. you quoted that out of context...
DZIK
ekkor: 17 Jan 2012 [14:51]
Kvóta crimson:
you quoted that out of context

yes i did (:s3:)
and its pointless to argue about it, all the problems could have been avoided if they tested all stuff on one server before letting it out to all servers.
hjuler
ekkor: 17 Jan 2012 [15:11]
Kvóta crimson:
never once did I say or refer to anything about how the players felt.

And I didnt say you did. I just said that many people agree with what DZIK said and obviously you didnt.

Kvóta crimson:
yes, I have a gold account, yes I use auto-rob everyday, yes I had to spend an extra 15 minuets to send my robbing groups back

This glitch was a big problem for many. I use to send out many legions to many farms and then leave for a couple of hours. I dont have time to sit and send them all back individually because there is a glitch in the game.

And there were many more bugs than just the autorob. I understand your position Crimson, and fair enough, many of us probably overreact. But when you spend as much money as I do and probably many others, you expect a better return. And we complain because we like the game.
Maddog
ekkor: 17 Jan 2012 [15:53]
frissítve: 17 Jan 2012 [15:55]
Crimson, I can respect your opinions to a point...but defending the developers constantly like you do does not help the situation. Obviously you have not been paying attention to all of forums or the game, because you would have noticed that there have been several several glitches/bugs happening with just the last 2 updates alone...won't even bother going into the updates before that.
Yes, I bash on the developers and their lack of communication to THEIR community of players a lot, but only because it is 100% true.

I have asked several questions on forums for clarifications on updates and receive nothing but silence from the developers. I would eventually get my answer, but not from them and that is completely and utterly unacceptable.

So now I will bash on one of the many comments you repeat over and over again Crimson. and that is "Submit a Support ticket"
I'm sure the developers are sick and tired of having to deal with the support tickets, but I can guarantee you that their CUSTOMERS are much more sick and tired of having to submit the tickets. Not to mention that most of the times you have to wait days and days to get a response that does not help, and then wait days and days again to get a response to your response. I know players that have active support tickets weeks and months old without even 1 comment from the developers. I actually have 2 active support tickets without a response from the developers. One submitted 15 days ago and one submitted 4 days ago. So now you can answer how this is good customer service.

Some may think that I enjoy bashing on the development/support team, but I truly do not. My comments that I make on forums is only my defense mechanism so I don't let my anger take control of me and I start swearing up a storm and getting myself forum banned.

So I say now...FIX THE GLITCHES.

P.S. Don't bother quoting any of my post here and asking for clarification, because I won't bother responding...I'm sick of getting ignored.
AdWarrior
Fejlesztő
ekkor: 17 Jan 2012 [18:25]
Maddog, now you are being quite unfair. If you surf through most of the themes, you will find my answers in almost every one of them. We cannot answer all the questions on forum in a non-stop mode. We are providing the information that is essential. Support is working almost every day, though they do have a usual 2-day weekend. We do understand that we have glitches, but that is the thing about bugs, they cannot be predicte, otherwise we could've got rid of them long time ago. (:s28:)
AdWarrior
Fejlesztő
ekkor: 17 Jan 2012 [18:26]
zerberus101, we are informing on the upcoming updates and game builds through the main page and forum. If you are following, you won't miss a thing.
zerberus101
ekkor: 17 Jan 2012 [18:43]
There are many small changes, is not based on the player. things do not work are made. for what we pay so much money? sitvation this is not good. not for the players. why would you pay more money. I tested it a better game if the problems are never solved
DZIK
ekkor: 17 Jan 2012 [18:49]
frissítve: 17 Jan 2012 [18:51]
arghh i see my post went a bit wrong, just wanted to tell to dev's that they test their updates first on one server like for a week or so, if gliches found fix them, and only then let the new version out to all servers like it was supposed to be --->aplha --->beta --->all servers
 1  2 »»»