««« 1 ... 5  6  7 »»»
AdWarrior
Fejlesztő
ekkor: 27 Apr 2011 [17:58]
frissítve: 28 Apr 2011 [17:26]
Translate»
Dear players, we would like to hear your opinion about the following changes in the game:

1. Limiting the maximum amount of places in an order to 20 (new servers only), on the current servers the maximum amount of places in an order will be equal to amount of places in the largest order on that server (as of right now)

2. On PvP servers new way of calculating and distributing mercenary points for order members will be introduced:
a) Points received by contracts and mercenary locations will be summed up and divided equally amongst all order members.
b) Free points received from obelisks and fountains will remain on that player’s balance.

3. On PvP servers, additional bonus for mercenary points received from fountains.

With each new fountain, the base amount of points received from each fountain will increase according to the following formula:
n+n*(k*0.1-0.1)

where k is the number of fountains in all player’s cities, n is the base amount of points for the specific fountain level.

For example, the player has 2 fountains, level 1 and 2.

As a result, the player will receive 300 + 300 * (2 * 0.1 - 0.1) = 300 + 300 * 0.1 = 330 for first fountain
And the second fountain will give 950 + 950 * ( 2 * 0.1 - 0.1) = 950 + 950 * 0.1 = 1045 points.

4. On PvP servers, additional loot for destroying enemy troops will be introduced - 20% of the resources spent on the destroyed army. The resources will be added to player’s city after their army successfully comes back from the campaign.

5. Number of free heroes will change as well:
For players without subscription – 1 hero
For silver subscribers – 2 heroes
For gold subscribers – 4 heroes.

Moreover, for each city starting from 8, the number of free heroes on your upkeep gets increased by 1.
For example, you have a silver subscription package and 8 cities – you can hire 3 free heroes.

6. For every 10 000 units in one cell morale of all armies (in the same cell) will be decreased by 1%, untill 25% of morale will be left. For example, if one cell has 100 000 units then morale drops by 10% to value of 90%, if 750 000 and more units are present, then morale drops by 75% to 25% level.
««« 1 ... 5  6  7 »»»
VasilySababa
ekkor: 01 May 2011 [02:17]
schnitzer90, just take a look for a moment into a stats of "most hired mercs". Do you think all those people who has more than 20K - are they have it from a "normal" vassal, that gives usualy 1.5-2K merc points?(:s8:)
schnitzer90
Moderátor
ekkor: 01 May 2011 [02:27]
VasilySababa

I never said that nobody is cheating in this game. Me too, I wonder how some players achieve their power.

You might have not quite understood the point of my last post! (:s31:)

This might be due to some language problems, English is not my mother tongue neither is it yours, I think (Spanish if I remember correctly).
VasilySababa
ekkor: 01 May 2011 [02:42]
Kvóta schnitzer90:
I wonder how some players achieve their power.

There is nothing wonder... Actually, there is three ways to "achive" such a power:
1. To have a mults (interserver exchanges, friends that left the game, usual mults that players grew up)
2. To buy merc points with real money.
3. Both of 1 and 2.

Also, you should remember, that you cant fight with 20K against army with 100K merc points. So those, who wanted to continue fight against cheaters, had to do 1, 2 or 3.

Therefore, the only way to return to this game a title "strategy game", is to cancel a possibility to pass merc points, as mammal said. Otherwise cheaters always be on top, and you can tell whatever you want about their characters here in forums, but this wont be a strategic game - it will be a cheaters game...

And Im not spanish, my mother languages are Russian and Hebrew (:s10:)
Mammal
ekkor: 01 May 2011 [04:23]
frissítve: 01 May 2011 [04:43]
VasilySababa, I didn't say the ONLY way to return this game to strategy game is to cancel passing merc points, I said to open up a server that allows for that possibility and see how players respond to that type of server..there are already so many servers, probably not too difficult to open up another one...or change the most recent server..Aragorn... see how players react...after all..you want this game to be entertaining...and if suddenly 1100AD $$$ start going down..or players start leaving, then you'll know for sure it was a bad idea...BEFORE...you start implementing major ideas in your older servers like Crusade.

There is always strategy in any format of the game, Another thought I had was the ability to challenge another player to a "duel" of sorts...designate a time and place, have instant travel like Citadel, and arrange the terms of the conflict such as...only bringing 5K population worth of regular troops and...1K mercs.....2 hero's...etc...that way it is pure strategy..as both parties are bringing everything the same..and see what formations, hero skills, combat troops, work best against what....choose a city or have it chosen randomly of any of the No Commander cities across all the valleys that are currently empty to have the conflict in, and only allow those participants into the battle...winner can get the resources of fallen troops, there could also be a wager of gold to the victor...such as...I challenge person "X" to combat...winner takes 100 gold, and say 10% of the pot goes to 1100AD as a "rake" like in Poker. ...there are endless possibilities to that type of option....there would be more battles, quicker rebuild time as you can replenish whatever you wish to risk.

Also, if you refuse say 10 battles...you're reputation could also be lowered as it's not very noble to refuse battle after battle. There are soooo many possibilities to this!
nathankwan
ekkor: 01 May 2011 [06:11]
Kvóta Mammal:
There is always strategy in any format of the game, Another thought I had was the ability to challenge another player to a "duel" of sorts...designate a time and place, have instant travel like Citadel, and arrange the terms of the conflict such as...only bringing 5K population worth of regular troops and...1K mercs.....2 hero's...etc...that way it is pure strategy..as both parties are bringing everything the same..and see what formations, hero skills, combat troops, work best against what....choose a city or have it chosen randomly of any of the No Commander cities across all the valleys that are currently empty to have the conflict in, and only allow those participants into the battle...winner can get the resources of fallen troops, there could also be a wager of gold to the victor...such as...I challenge person "X" to combat...winner takes 100 gold, and say 10% of the pot goes to 1100AD as a "rake" like in Poker. ...there are endless possibilities to that type of option....there would be more battles, quicker rebuild time as you can replenish whatever you wish to risk.

Yes Mammal, I agree. I suggested a similar proposition a few days back. It is a bit sketchy, but it is the overall picture. You can check it out at:

http://1100ad.com/forumviewthread.php?id=24182#content

Kvóta Mammal:
VasilySababa, I didn't say the ONLY way to return this game to strategy game is to cancel passing merc points, I said to open up a server that allows for that possibility and see how players respond to that type of server..there are already so many servers, probably not too difficult to open up another one...or change the most recent server..Aragorn... see how players react...after all..you want this game to be entertaining...and if suddenly 1100AD $$$ start going down..or players start leaving, then you'll know for sure it was a bad idea...BEFORE...you start implementing major ideas in your older servers like Crusade.

I agree with you again. Crusade and Beta are too old servers to introduce such a change that would completely alter the game play.

Another reason I believe the devs would want to incorporate Number 2 is that it would cause orders to weed out the weaker players in their order, ones that would not contribute too much. The devs would then achieve change Number 1 in that the order memeber number would be lower without them having to "officially" lower the maximum number and there would be more orders. More orders = more gold.

But I tell the devs that they will lose a lot of gold spenders if this is implanted. No one wants it.
wiki_kiki
ekkor: 01 May 2011 [15:39]
I'm not going to explain most of my points because most of the reasons have already been stated.. so:

1. (:s28:) - I'm in the middle here, this will make each order member valuable to the order itself, but it can also stop smaller, less powerful players from joining orders. Thus, this will give these new players the incentive to buy 1000 gold and make their own order - sure, more money for the devs, but this could be off-putting for the new players and it could make them think "Hmm, this game rely's on gold all the time"

2. 1000% (:s27:)

3. sure, this is ok. (:s11:)

4. this is a good idea, too. (:s11:)

5. (:s27:) Personally I dont think the hero system should change anymore than it has already...

6. (:s13:) (:s15:) (:s27:) (:s6:) !! (if I'm understanding this right..) you're telling me that the more units in a fight means lower morale? How does this make sense? Your telling me that if there was around 250 different armies of around 10,000 units in each army vs. 50 footpad marauders, the combined allied armies of over 250 x 10,000 will have a lower morale than 50 footpad? If I was in a fight, and I had 10,000 people helping me, I think I would have a better morale to fight with than being against 10,000 people!
TOMCIO
ekkor: 01 May 2011 [18:01]
1(:s27:)
2(:s27:)
3(:s11:)
4(:s11:)
5(:s27:)
6(:s28:)(:s32:)(:s31:)
Schwepes
ekkor: 02 May 2011 [00:22]
1. (:s11:)
2. (:s27:)
3. (:s27:)
4. (:s11:)
5. Abo (:s27:) Citys (:s11:)
6. (:s11:)
ZOOOSCH
ekkor: 02 May 2011 [02:19]
Hello,
First. thank´s because you ask for opinion.
1.(:s31:)This change needs no conversion if point two is realized.
2.(:s27:)This change isn´t good. Gold Player´s are spending a lot of money to have Vasall and Camps. Small player haven´t a chance to going inside an order because a big player will make deal´s with another big player´s. The small one leave this game in short times. The rest is a question of time. More and more player leave this game because there is no action and fun.
3.(:s11:)
4. (:s11:)
5. abo (:s31:) better is
For players without subscription – 2 hero
For silver subscribers – 3 heroes
For gold subscribers – 4 heroes
city (:s11:)
6.(:s28:)
konnormcleod
ekkor: 02 May 2011 [03:37]
Kvóta ZOOOSCH:
For players without subscription – 2 hero
For silver subscribers – 3 heroes
For gold subscribers – 4 heroes
city

good idea(:s11:)
la1115
Moderátor
ekkor: 02 May 2011 [14:01]
For me it is not quite clear what the real intention is behind this propsed rule changes. Especially since there exist some indication that further changes are in the pipeline.

To change the rules in such a massive may makes in my opinion no sense for games in which there are so many players, which have adjusted their behaviour in the gave (forming of guilds, vassals, construction of camps, etc.) accordingly. Many of them have spent quite some time and eventually even money to be competitive in the game. This would be comparable to the changing the rules in a football game Changing at a football game at half time (number of players allowed, size of the goals etc.).

The proposed changes may indeed be reasoble for a new server but not at all here. Moderate changes would, however, be welcome, that favour players who play without gold.

Now to the specific proposals:

1. Is not practical on an existing server. ==> NO

2. Is not acceptable, as players who have put much effort into the game are penalized. ===> NO

3. Here are mean probably fontains. This change is basically ok. In practice this will be probably play no major role. But I could agree with such changes as it at least do not harm any players===> YES

4. I am in principle in favor for such a change. However, it could also lead to an increased number of attacks on small players (beginners), which could then quickly lose interest in the game. ==> RATHER NOT

5. Here my answer comes in two parts:

a.) Other heroes for Gold/silver abo players =====> NO
b.) More free heroes from the 8th City ====> YES

6. Here I simply lack the information, what effect would this change have . Where can I find something about how the moral effects the fighting strength? For zero point fights this change has ho effect anyway, if I understood everything correct, since both opponents will get the identical moral reduction.
pitonava
ekkor: 03 May 2011 [19:53]
these rules to enter??
I can not buy point vassal
I can not spend diamond heroes
I can not hire any subcricion
the opinion of the players I think it is more than clear
say something soon to know if we abandon the game if we have heroes etz etz
this situation I think it just slows the game normally
If you change the game I hope we return the gold spent a lot of things to reinvest in other
also hope you leave us free to reorganize the items of the heroes, these are made ​​to fight in the same box
but above all I hope soon reply
ibizafree
ekkor: 03 May 2011 [20:19]
Well....first of all I must say that I agree with LA.....why you are allways changing rules?.....We invest our gold and timeimproving our armies with the existing rules....then suddenly they change...and we need invest more gold in improve in different way our arimes again....I could be unrespectfull but I will not.

In terms of what some players says about have power of 100.000 mercenary points....most of my vassalls pay me 4 or 5 thousand mercenary points each...and I have 20 vassalls.... most of them have 6 or more cities..and I supported them very hard investing my time in develope their armies and cities...now that they own more of 6 cities I expect rules will not change...practicaly anyone plays in another server too....and I dont play in other servers...IN ANY beside grail.....
I own 35 mercenary camps....most of them I bought them......its obvious why....Some orders just dont let anyone conquer it them....its a waste of time try it..

Vasilly..are you answered regarding how some players own more than 100.000 MP?
I know are players that can not justify the amount of mercenary points that they own.....and most of them arrive from players from other servers....but only developers can help on that...

I would not like see more changes in the game....beleive or not...are many players that spend significant gols by month that are thinkng leave the game...and Im one of them.
Thanks and best regards
Ibizafree
VasilySababa
ekkor: 03 May 2011 [21:00]
Kvóta ibizafree:
Vasilly..are you answered regarding how some players own more than 100.000 MP?

ibizafree, that was a rhetoric question - you didnt need to answer. About buying camps - it obviously. Its like playing chess when one of opponents allowed by the rules to buy additional pieces. This should be stopped, otherwise game is a kind of auction - nothing even close to "strategy game".
About you vassals that happy to give you 5000 mercs... Just in case i can remind you that there is many much stronger players than you (even bugnet - you friend) are charging 2000 merc points. I've already heard your lies that your vassals are real. I just have no idea why you saying this in forums. Did you started believe in you own lies? This is a kind of rhetoric question too....
RavensSeason
ekkor: 04 May 2011 [02:04]
Kvóta ibizafree:
I would not like see more changes in the game

How about a change to the battle reports? That would be a nice thing to invest some time on fixing. (:s17:)
««« 1 ... 5  6  7 »»»
A topik le van zárva