Cathrine
Developer
on: 06 Oct 2014 [15:15]
updated: 17 Oct 2014 [10:43]
Translate»
My lords and ladies!
Knights battles will start on October 7th 2014: all against all! Hurry to take part and clash with the gratest warriors from all realms! The winner will receive glory and royal prizes!

Battle description
Battles will take place on separate server which will be available from 7th of October till 9th of December. Everyone can participate.
Attention: after the end of the battles server will be closed.

Rules:
Everyone for themselves. There will be only one winner. 1100AD team reserves the right also to award 2nd and 3rd places. The one who captures the most regions by the end of the battle time will be declared the winner. The winner can choose one regular server where he/she wants to receive his/her prize.

Emperors Reward:
Winner receives a reward on the server according to his application. Please be careful when choosing an account for applying to Knight Battles, since a reward can only be received by the account that participated in battles.
1. Gold prize pool starting from 25 000 gold.
2. Diamond prize pool starting from 5 000 diamonds.
3. Artifact mega-pack, including rare and unique artifacts.
4. T-shirt, mug, cap with 1100AD logo shipped to winners address (winner can choose color, size and logo).
5. Unique new building for recruiting special elite soldier that doesn’t require Mercenary Points and population (limited amount). The building will forever remain in player’s possession and will be available until the start of next tournament.

Game process changes and restrictions:
- There will be no alliances nor pacts at Diplomacy. Everyone for themself!
- Order will consist only of Magister.
- Foundation of order is free of charge.
- Building of Mercenary camps disabled.
- Increased building speed of mark towers, forts and walls. Reduced time for capture of city and camp. Faster marches and battle experience gain.
- Fortress capture process changed - fortress can be captured same as ordinary locations, by sieging it for x hours.

Game process:
Knight Battles consists of 2 stages: Development and Attack.
"Development stage":
Development stage is meant for developing and capturing cities, locations and other objects that participants need. During this stage objects will appear in the valley for capturing. There can be following objects: historical cities, abandoned cities, mercenary camps. When an object appears, a message will be displayed in Chronic.
Development stage lasts 4-5 game weeks, following by the launch of the second stage.

"Attack stage":
Attack stage begins with appearance of fortresses in all regions, followed by corresponding message in game chat, Chronic or personal message. Attack stage lasts 3-4 game weeks and during that time participants need to capture as much fortresses as they can. One who controls the most regions (fortresses) will be considered the winner.

Attention: no holiday-related game campaigns will be applicable to and active at the server

Please note that there can be some delay with launch of the Knight Battles for technical reasons, and we kindly ask all participants to be patient and understanding.
Hakushi
on: 06 Oct 2014 [16:06]
Very good idea for the tournament, I like it.

I hope gold will be disabled on the server so that everyone will be equal and the winner won't be the one who invested the highest amount to buy gold.
born2fly
on: 06 Oct 2014 [16:36]
Hakushi
Not this time. Gold will not be disabled :(
TRIPTRO
on: 06 Oct 2014 [16:41]
Not sure what is meant by this. If its just everyone as they are the contest is already over we know who wins. If it is for all to develop a tournament "alter-ego" with their name, it sounds great. Fair to all.
cucullhan
on: 06 Oct 2014 [17:42]
updated: 06 Oct 2014 [17:44]
(:s11:)Sounds good.... But maybe a little more time to ask the many questions people have.
This is a new event, and it seems a little too good to be true.

How exactly does it work??? (:s28:)
How does it score?
will it cost gold to build all these locations walls forts etc etc as per normal?
are you allowed kill others and steal/destroy what they built?
Do we all start from zero? or with what we have already?
will you disqualify ALL PARTICIPANTS if you find one order working as a team to kill off its rivals in a way that helps their chosen account to win as it is SUPPOSED to be every man for himself?
will support not interfere in the competition in any way shape or form, aside from imposing the rules evenly to all?
Will you allow "me" (for example), to order all my friends allies vassals and affiliates to capture everything is sight. Just so i can capture it all at a later date so that i own more than others thus winning and in the process blocking off my in normal play enemies from gaining the rewards?(:s28:)

I could go on and on with such questions.... (:s31:)

With such big rewards and it lasting so long, i expect interest to be high. So i IMPLORE support to go into every little aspect of this challenge and make sure that the rules are fair, open and transparent to all so that it is above reproach.

I wish you well with this endeavor. But i have some concerns.

For example, when i log on, on morning 1 of an event and see the leader already on 5000 wins ahead before anybody has found the eggs to throw... Thus killing the event before it even starts.

That said...
I will pledge my support to it and ask all order members, allies and affiliates to take part as they wish.
However i do so with the assumption that support will ensure that the competition stays true to its origins and is in fact "every player for themselves", "all starting on an equal footing" and that the rules will be STRICTLY and FAIRLY adhered to.(:s1:)
oiseasy
on: 06 Oct 2014 [17:45]
sorry 1100ad, but this is not a tournament !!!

NES will try to defend all developing or conquering measures of all other players and allow only that Danisimo is winning...

As most of western players do need to work in a job, nobody has the time to be as much online as needed

Send the 25.000 gold directly to Danisimo and we all save time :-)

oiseasy
klopGG
on: 06 Oct 2014 [19:35]
Good idea (:s22:)(:s22:)(:s22:)
joeypop
on: 06 Oct 2014 [19:56]
I agree that there should be a tournament where the win cannot be 'bought'
In other words, whomever can spend the most on gold for the tournament will prevail due to the huge advantages gold allows for.
gellion
on: 06 Oct 2014 [20:16]
updated: 06 Oct 2014 [20:17]
Quote joeypop:
I agree that there should be a tournament where the win cannot be 'bought'

...but the developers need to make money(:s1:) So perhaps create a tournament with an entry fee of XXXX gold - Then a level playing field after that (y) All will then be skill...
Jejuni
on: 07 Oct 2014 [14:43]
no thanks (:s27:)
andriotik
on: 07 Oct 2014 [20:21]
This would be more interesting if there was unlimited gold and you win by investing time and tactical skills.
joeypop
on: 23 Oct 2014 [17:30]
Any new-newer players. Do NOT spend money on this!!!
It isn't even fun.(:s2:)