Jannisary
on: 27 May 2012 [21:01]
Translate»
Still in BP, someone just asked me to be a vassal, cant get the help menu to read - not sure if it my internet connection or firewall or what.

Experienced in Evony, trying a new game - any pointers would help, thx.
Jave23
on: 27 May 2012 [23:57]
Im an ex Evony player as well. Very many similarities but in this one it looks like you can break the game by coining. Combat is crazy diffrent (If in a tatics server) and resource gathering is much more dependent on raids but other than that this is a low troop count version of Evony..
Jannisary
on: 29 May 2012 [00:23]
Jave23Jave23this game really needs a chat bar, mail me in game, I have lots of questions about what's going on in it.
Jave23
on: 29 May 2012 [06:33]
Every time I try I get a player not found error. Did you set a nickname or something?
If not I can shoot you some sort of IM info. The lack of a chat box is really driving me nuts.
crimson
on: 29 May 2012 [14:10]
Quote Jave23:
but other than that this is a low troop count version of Evony..

an average player with 7 towns has about 20-30 thousand troops. I know not the amounts that can be obtained on evony so I do not know if your assumption is correct. however, with the ability to control your troops in battle, numbers are a small factor, the big factor is knowledge.
Jannisary
on: 29 May 2012 [16:35]
updated: 29 May 2012 [16:36]
Quote crimson:
an average player with 7 towns has about 20-30 thousand troops. I know not the amounts that can be obtained on evony so I do not know if your assumption is correct. however, with the ability to control your troops in battle, numbers are a small factor, the big factor is knowledge.

Heh - a competitive player in Evony has 100k scouts per city, not to mention all other types, top level competitors must have 5-10 Mill troops
Jannisary
on: 29 May 2012 [16:42]
Quote Jave23:
Every time I try I get a player not found error. Did you set a nickname or something?If not I can shoot you some sort of IM info. The lack of a chat box is really driving me nuts.

I get the same error, I have no nickname, and when I search for you I get "player not found"

The message system seems really buggy or obscure.
schnitzer90
on: 29 May 2012 [16:43]
Jannisary

Quote crimson:
I know not the amounts that can be obtained on evony so I do not know if your assumption is correct.

Crimson was just trying to give you a picture of what is possible in this game.

Quote Jannisary:
a competitive player in Evony has 100k scouts per city, not to mention all other types, top level competitors must have 5-10 Mill troops

Ok, but that's a different game, please return to 1100ad.
Jannisary
on: 29 May 2012 [17:02]
Quote schnitzer90:
Ok, but that's a different game, please return to 1100ad.

Returning to 1100ad, here are my questions:

What are the benefits of accepting an offer of vassalage?

What is the downside?

What can I do to get the message system to work in Brittania?

I'm not trying to badmouth the game, trying to learn it, sorry my initial post was too vague - (:s5:)(:s5:)
schnitzer90
on: 29 May 2012 [17:51]
updated: 29 May 2012 [17:54]
Jannisary
In order to keep this is as short as possible, please read this:
http://www.1100ad.com/wiki/GameGuide#Vassalage

If you have any more questions that aren't answered by a quick forum / wiki search, there are a lot of players who will answer them (including myself). But please don't make me repeat everything. (:s5:) (:s14:)

Quote Jannisary:
What can I do to get the message system to work in Brittania?

You want to write somebody a private message (PM)? - Just search him in the valley (if you know the name, there is a search bar, too) and click on his city/camp/fort. Then go to "private message" in the top right corner under "actions". It should work.

Quote Jannisary:
I'm not trying to badmouth the game, trying to learn it, sorry my initial post was too vague - (:s5:)(:s5:)

No need to apologize. I am sure we can clear up your problems. (:s11:)
Jannisary
on: 29 May 2012 [18:07]
Quote schnitzer90:
You want to write somebody a private message (PM)? - Just search him in the valley (if you know the name, there is a search bar, too) and click on his city/camp/fort. Then go to "private message" in the top right corner under "actions". It should work.

I've been trying to search Jave23 - but I keep getting "No user with such name is found!"

Next question: the guy who wants me to be a vassal set these terms, is he offering me 2k glory points, or demanding them from me? (He has not answered my 2 reply messages - so I don't think I'll accept.)
"Summary Terms:

Glory (mercenary) points payment: 2,000."
schnitzer90
on: 29 May 2012 [18:20]
Quote Jannisary:
I've been trying to search Jave23 - but I keep getting "No user with such name is found!"

Jave23 only plays bohemia, you only play britannia. (:s30:)

Quote Jannisary:
Next question: the guy who wants me to be a vassal set these terms, is he offering me 2k glory points, or demanding them from me? (He has not answered my 2 reply messages - so I don't think I'll accept.)
"Summary Terms:

Glory (mercenary) points payment: 2,000."

That should be a tax, you pay ... he receives.

I would never become a vasal to somebody who doesn't answer my PMs. (:s15:)
Jave23
on: 29 May 2012 [19:47]
Quote:

Knowledge is all that matters in these sorts of games period. You can be a tenth the size of another player and still destroy them if you know what your doing.

In evony you will never attack a player with less than 100k troops and there is an obnoxious thing called 'upkeep' which forces you to spend tons of time keeping your army from running away by attacking NPC's. That is essentially why I stopped playing. I like the fact that this game has a lower troop count and that you actually affect the battle outcomes based on your skill as a player.

Quote:
Jave23 only plays bohemia, you only play britannia.

I suppose this is the worst noob mistake I have made in some time. I didnt even take the time to make sure I was posting on the right server. Im going to go ahead and blame that one on the alcohol..

Jannisary- Becoming someones vassal means giving up your BP. I jumped in an order (Probably a mistake this early on but I am sick of no chat box) but I was advised by many players not to give up BP to be a vassal. Try finding someone that will help you along and accept you as a vassal after your BP expires if thats the route you want to take. It will make them show their commitment as well as let you get to know them before they start taxing you.
Jannisary
on: 29 May 2012 [19:54]
Gentlemen, thanks I appreciate the assistance, I'm starting to get it - I'm with you Jave23 - Been in plenty of great alliances in Evony, but doing the upkeep farming makes me leave every 3 months as my head starts to hurt doing the runs.
Quouisqu
on: 15 Feb 2021 [09:26]
I am looking for the envoy premium characters for myself. As I have seen many latest characters have great features on AustralianWritings you can read about the powers of the latest characters and their strength in completing stages.
Ficiisne
on: 13 Mar 2021 [09:31]
Recently, the demand for the wig has risen significantly for the citizens. Paths of the african wigs Canada are fit for all issues. The skills are here for the trials. The path is for the ambit for the invested element for the users for the wigs.