««« 1  2  3 »»»
AdWarrior
Developer
on: 24 Feb 2011 [17:10]
updated: 24 Feb 2011 [23:43]
Translate»
Location of the citadel
The citadel will be placed in the middle (50,50) of the first valley on each of the servers.

Time of the battles
The battles will take place several times a week, and the schedule will be arranged later.

Organizing the battle
Time and distribution of applications for participation
Any member of the Order can submit the application for participation (excluding the current owner of the citadel) by attacking the selected citadel.
If there is an application from someone in the same Order, the applications are combined.
Applications gets sorted by the summarized attack forces of the Orders. The first on the list will be the strongest ones, which then will go into battles by four.
With the beginning of the battle the first four goes into the location, with each order in its own, randomly-chosen, city entrance.
The next four orders from the application will be allowed into the city after 15 minutes.

Actions in the location
Official alliances amongst Orders do not work within the citadel, meaning each order is an enemy to the other. Knights of the same order are, of course, in an alliance amongst themselves.
Walls and gates of the Citadels cannot be passed by any forces but infantry, and moreover, the walls cannot be destroyed.
The four orders goes into the location at the same time, each from their own side.
The first objective of all invaders is to break the citadel gates from their own side to go inside the citadel.
The main objective is to capture the citadel in the center. Time to capture the citadel depends on its level, 2 minutes for each level, maximum level is 10lvl = 20 min.

Capturing and holding the citadel
NPC mercenaries can be hired in the citadel castle, on the gates, or walls.
Hiring 100-500 units right away for mercenary points (alongside the real mercenary points the player has) and artifacts.
Hired units will be bound in tactics to the place they were hired: the castle, gates, or walls.

Bonuses for holding the Citadel
New exclusive mercenary unit (300x the level of citadel castle) will be available for hiring in the obelisks or fountains of Glory for each member of the Order.
For the whole order, there will be 100 000 shared mercenary points.
Artifacts each day for all members of the order.
Other bonuses might be added a little later.
««« 1  2  3 »»»
Vjaka
on: 24 Feb 2011 [22:34]
clayton92
Sure, it will be available for all servers, but will be first fully tested and tuned on Beta World
clayton92
on: 24 Feb 2011 [22:38]
(:s11:)(:s11:)(:s11:)
good good
clayton92
on: 24 Feb 2011 [22:39]
Quote AdWarrior:
For the whole order, there will be 1 000 000 shared mercenary points.

NICE!

but if you lose the citadel do you lose the points? and if you dont, when you re take it will you get another 1million?
jkljosiah
on: 24 Feb 2011 [23:00]
it looks like the city that was on siege of jur server.
techie
on: 24 Feb 2011 [23:49]
clayton92 AdWarrior made a mistake - 100 000 points are shared. And yes they will be lost in case you loose citadel after next siege. Same as with mercenary camp points.
Krizis
on: 25 Feb 2011 [01:04]
techie, It will be damn hard to keep it, but finally you added something what can give ppl more fun (:s11:)
wraithruler
on: 25 Feb 2011 [01:32]
STill a bit confused. Not that I'm planning on this, but can you go without an order?
Billy_Talent
on: 25 Feb 2011 [01:34]
I for once like something the devs did! Sounds great, can't wait for it to be on Grail! The only down side is that you will have some starvation once the citadel gets taken from you.

techie off topic but please look at the support forum "WTH".
guida
on: 25 Feb 2011 [13:43]
I dont understand can translate to portuguese?
i tried translate but is not good translation :(

Thanks
mahamedhero
on: 25 Feb 2011 [18:38]
How many Citadels will be there in the whole server.
monie314
on: 25 Feb 2011 [21:27]
That's Kind of Unfair... Isn't Atagon Considered a Beta Server?! This should be implied there
cucullhan
on: 25 Feb 2011 [22:17]
hmm...

Are you ever going to bring out something that levels the playing field.

Correct me if i'm wrong but how does this benifit anybody else then other then the most powerfull order.... and then goes and makes them moer powerfull on top of what they already have, while weaken everyone else who tries to capture it in the process.

This leaves other orders who don't attack, free to take over the camps and cities of the weakened fallen orders. With out fear of revenge attack, now without their merc camps and merc points to go with it.

Wonder which ploy i will implament, hmmm the mind boggles(:s31:).

Might have been better if everyone entering was given(free) the same army to use at the start the campain.... and see where it goes from there.
Best tactician wins, and it would not be based on how strong your order is already!

Then again maybe i understand it wrong...
Vjaka
on: 25 Feb 2011 [22:24]
Quote mahamedhero:
How many Citadels will be there in the whole server.

We will start from a single citadel per server, scheduled with 1 capture event per week. If this event will become very popular, then we might consider adding additional citadels to the game worlds, but the current plans are just one.

Quote monie314:
That's Kind of Unfair... Isn't Atagon Considered a Beta Server?! This should be implied there

Aragon is a bit beta just because it is first (and the only up-to-date) no-tactic server. Citadel will require several adjustments to work on no-tactics, so it will take longer to pass it there than to other servers.

Quote cucullhan:
Are you ever going to bring out something that levels the playing field.

Time will show what is better. Personally I see no point in same armies since no heroes, no bonuses for training, no point of gathering artefacts, etc, plus very little of adrenaline because you lose nothing - it is for free. When you have nothing to lose it is not fun.
Billy_Talent
on: 25 Feb 2011 [23:27]
So which order captured the citadel this time?
cucullhan
on: 26 Feb 2011 [00:01]
You gain the the points and bonuses as you go further into the citadel... Won't that be something to lose. Plus your hero could die if your army is wiped out.

It just means that all the avantages aren't with the larger players to begin with.... do you not agree they already have enough avantages? Nobody realisticly has a chance of holding this except the strongest order, and as they hold it the stronger they get.

Is this a recuitement ploy on their behalf(whoever "they" maybe) ? What else can this acheive?

And helping them to dominate is surely a further unessary advantage.

My comments are just a thought in the inteerest of fairness and not a critizism, in fact well done for trying something to increase the enjoyment of the game. But enjoyment soon fades whhen you being ran out of the cities you spent so long building.
««« 1  2  3 »»»