1  2 »»»
ravensseason
ekkor: 14 Mar 2012 [19:18]
Translate»
Apparently, if you send your army to auto-rob and your army is set on low/mele, it is not a glitch if they never return home. I lost about 20k troops during an auto-rob incident a few weeks ago. I sent my full army to auto-rob a farm in my contour. I checked back in a few days later and noticed my army was still in that same farm, just sitting on the storehouse. 50 footpads were taking shots at my powerful army, slowly killing troops with each shot.

I have no idea why my formation was set to low/mele, but that's beside the point. I can understand that I would have lost some troops during the auto-rob, but since my army never engaged with the marauders, I would have expected my army to finish robbing the storehouse and then go home. This never happened. I entered a support ticket and they said this is not a glitch. YOUR ARMY WILL NOT RETURN HOME IF YOU ARE SET ON LOW/MELE. I find this completely absurd! 2 things should have happened here.

1. Army finishes robbing and returns home without any attacking
2. Army finishes robbing and as it moves towards gate and on top of marauders, marauders die instantly. Then, army returns home.

In this case, army finished robbing but never made an attempt to go back home. Support has refused to restore any troops despite my repeated appeals. Here is their last response.

Hello!
We have tested your problem.
Your army have a low aggression and melee attack. It is not a bug. Your army is waiting, when the enemy will come in his field. We don't restore army in this case.
 1  2 »»»
edbenedict77
ekkor: 14 Mar 2012 [20:45]
This is absurd on the part of the game support group and developers!!!
So what the developers are saying is that an army set on Aggression LOW, Range MELEE, WILL NOT ATTACK ANYONE??? (:s4:) OR is it just That, it will NOT ATTACK Marauders/ enemies who attack from a distance? But will attack if the marauders /enemies are also melee troops?? I hope I made sense in my different verifications.
schnitzer90
Moderátor
ekkor: 14 Mar 2012 [21:26]
Kvóta edbenedict77:
that an army set on Aggression LOW, Range MELEE, WILL NOT ATTACK ANYONE

That's my state of knowledge. (:s30:) And it makes sense to me, since low aggression means "no attck until enemy is at range" and range melee means "only fight if you are on the same spot as your enemy" (very simple words used here!).

I can't and won't talk much about the auto-rob function, since I never used it. But what I would think is the appropriate behaviour for an auto-rob mission that is sent out with these settings is:
- Enter the town, find the storehouse, rob it.
- If marauders come into sight, don't do anything unless you are on the same spot with them.
- If you are finished robbing leave the city.

I don't know how support thinks about this. (:s28:) Anyway, Ravensseason has posted his warning, now all those with gold accounts can act accordingly. (:s11:)
ravensseason
ekkor: 14 Mar 2012 [22:19]
Kvóta schnitzer90:
- If you are finished robbing leave the city.

This is exactly what should have happened, but it didn't. Support doesn't see it as a bug which blows my mind. Would be nice to see this addressed on a video interview.
Maddog
ekkor: 14 Mar 2012 [23:13]
frissítve: 14 Mar 2012 [23:15]
I don't know exactly when this happened...but...

Kvóta AdWarrior:
Dear players, the developers are changing and improving the system for further opportunities to develop different plot lines, and the system that regulates auto-robbery is also being changed.
With the new update, which is scheduled for Monday, January 16th problems should no longer exist.
We are thinking on the compensation for gold subscribers. Thank you for your patience

Kvóta AdWarrior:
Maddog, right now your armies are trying to rob as much as they can possibly get and take away, that way, if they are not filled, they keep waiting till the resources are filled till maximum.

Kvóta AdWarrior:
hjuler, i'm saying that it's the situation for now, on Monday everything will work normally. It's a temporary inconvenience

by your comments, you stated that there was a "bug" because you were making changes and therefore armies were not returning home because a full army would continue to try looting until completely full.

So although your explanation that an army on low aggression/melee will not fight the footpads because they stay at range one...your explanation that an army will not leave the town with those settings is BULL.

P.S. So glad you decided NOT to compensate your Gold subscription holders like you said you were going to do.

Here's the initial post with the comments.
http://www.1100ad.com/forum.php?a=view/27957/last#btm
ravensseason
ekkor: 15 Mar 2012 [21:45]
Would be nice for AdWarrior to comment on this then.
icedoutsnowman
ekkor: 16 Mar 2012 [03:43]
i see ravens point i believe his troops should be rewarded
hiero
ekkor: 16 Mar 2012 [03:51]
Can I see the developers' point? Yes.

Do I think it is valid? No.

Do I recognize that I should never use these settings? Yes.

I also think the developers should respond a bit more positively.
crimson
ekkor: 16 Mar 2012 [03:59]
frissítve: 16 Mar 2012 [04:39]
Kvóta ravensseason:
I lost about 20k troops during an auto-rob incident a few weeks ago.

did this event happen during the time when auto-rob was not working correctly, as in not returning (they continued to rob the empty storehouse) when the storehouse was empty (when they had more capacity than was in the storehouse).

Kvóta ravensseason:
In this case, army finished robbing but never made an attempt to go back home.

how do you know if your army stopped robbing because the storehouse was empty? by saying, "finished robbing", you are referring to the condition in which the storehouse was empty so they stopped robbing to return home.

Kvóta ravensseason:
YOUR ARMY WILL NOT RETURN HOME IF YOU ARE SET ON LOW/MELE.

this is incorrect. other condition(s) must be meet to prevent your army from retuning. I've been trying to recreate this event with getting the conditions meet which I think were meet on that night you lost those 20k troops. I've robbed 2 towns with low/melee and in both cases, the conditions were not meet and they robbed and returned home all without my intervention.
ravensseason
ekkor: 16 Mar 2012 [15:02]
Kvóta crimson:
did this event happen during the time when auto-rob was not working correctly

Auto-rob was sent on or about Feb 27 and I noticed the army still there on March 1.

Kvóta crimson:
how do you know if your army stopped robbing because the storehouse was empty?

I could only assume that since I sent over 30k troops that were robbing a city with no strongboxes (just full storehouse) for several days.

Kvóta crimson:
this is incorrect.

Well, all I can say is my army didn't return until I made them return 3 days later.
crimson
ekkor: 17 Mar 2012 [03:10]
Kvóta ravensseason:
I could only assume that since I sent over 30k troops that were robbing a city with no strongboxes (just full storehouse) for several days.

Do you remember how much resources they did rob?

Kvóta ravensseason:
Well, all I can say is my army didn't return until I made them return 3 days later.

We are soon getting to the "why"... just answer the above question if you can.
RavensSeason
ekkor: 17 Mar 2012 [04:31]
frissítve: 17 Mar 2012 [04:32]
Kvóta crimson:
Do you remember how much resources they did rob?

Results of campaign in Ulversglade. You lost: Barbarian 460, Pikeman 1990, Highwayman 294, Swordsman 14952, Knight 778. You killed: Footpad 54. You robbed: 0.

Looks like they never robbed a thing. I am 100% positive they were sitting on storehouse though. So there are still a few questions.
1. If my army never engaged, why weren't they robbing?
2. How did I managed to kill 54 footpads with mele settings? If my army was on top of the footpads, they all die instantly with my army size.
3. Perhaps the bigger question that I have been ignoring was why on Earth was my army on low/mele? I never ever would have had them in that formation. Perhaps I should have reported the bug that way, but the auto-rob failure seems more puzzling and obvious still.
crimson
ekkor: 17 Mar 2012 [04:50]
frissítve: 17 Mar 2012 [05:11]
Kvóta RavensSeason:
You robbed: 0.

good! Now I can tell you exactly what happened with confidence!

with the low/melee setting, the auto-rob system should have ignored all enemies and simply have moved the armies to search for storehouse. now, if by chance, your army moved onto a enemy (or vice versa), that group would have stopped moving to engage enemy. once they find the storehouse, they will move to the storehouse, again, ignoring enemies. now here is were things change a bit.

when the groups engage in robbing, if they are attacked, they will stop robbing and engage the enemy. unfortunately, your army settings were low/melee, so your groups just waited to attack enemy. because you robbed 0, the footpads must have been attacking your army at the very start when your army tried to rob. your army will go back to robbing after they have dealt with the attackers, this never happened so they never started to rob again. Auto-rob only sends your troops home once storehouse is empty.

well, there you have it... maybe you can suggest that the choice to stop robbing and defend them selves needs to take into account of the low/melee setting and chose to continue to rob and ignore the threat. but if that would be hard to code if you also need to take into account that the enemy can be standing on you when the army chooses to ignore the threat.

Kvóta RavensSeason:
2. How did I managed to kill 54 footpads with mele settings? If my army was on top of the footpads, they all die instantly with my army size.

did you not kill the attackers when you told your armies to leave?

I tried to recreate this but I could not. On my 7th attempt, I got very close, and I deemed it worthy to show. go through each image.
army setting: low/melee
I did not interfere, armies moved on their own via auto-rob.
I did split 1 barb from group only to aggro the enemy to got to me.

http://img854.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=rob1k.jpg
RavensSeason
ekkor: 17 Mar 2012 [07:32]
Kvóta crimson:
if they are attacked, they will stop robbing and engage the enemy.

But my army obviously didn't engage the enemy unless engage means sit back and observe.
Kvóta crimson:
your army will go back to robbing after they have dealt with the attackers, this never happened so they never started to rob again

If my army had dealt with the attackers, the attackers would have been dead. My army just sat there so this makes no sense to me. I understand if they decided to attack, rob icon will change to attack icon and damage will be dealt. In this case, they did not attack. Rob icon didn't appear and attack icon didn't initiate. The army just sat there for days.

Kvóta crimson:
did you not kill the attackers when you told your armies to leave?

Nope. My lag was on 900 and I exited immediately without killing the footpads. I purposely left them in tact. There are usually 100 footpads in a farm. I sent the BR in my support ticket to show this but that has since expired.

I strongly feel I did nothing wrong here. If the army isn't going to engage, then it should continue to rob. The command I issued was auto-rob, not auto-observe. (:s28:) Because of all the reasons listed, I feel nearly all of my troops should be restored.
crimson
ekkor: 17 Mar 2012 [07:41]
frissítve: 17 Mar 2012 [07:43]
Kvóta RavensSeason:
But my army obviously didn't engage the enemy unless engage means sit back and observe.

the low/melee setting does exactly this. your army was attacking the threat but with the low/melee setting... of course they would just observe with those settings...
Kvóta RavensSeason:
My army just sat there so this makes no sense to me.

that's the low/melee setting... they will ONLY kill enemies within melee range and they will not move to attack...
Kvóta RavensSeason:
Nope. My lag was on 900 and I exited immediately without killing the footpads. I purposely left them in tact. There are usually 100 footpads in a farm.

then your army killed a group of footpads while they were searching for the storehouse.
Kvóta RavensSeason:
If the army isn't going to engage, then it should continue to rob.

you army was trying to engage but with the low/melee setting, they could not move to engage so they sat there waiting to engage.
RavensSeason
ekkor: 17 Mar 2012 [17:59]
Kvóta crimson:
you army was trying to engage but with the low/melee setting, they could not move to engage so they sat there waiting to engage.

There's something wrong with the logic there. If they can't move to engage (i.e. out of range) then they should do what I commanded them to do (i.e. auto-rob)
 1  2 »»»