««« 1  2 
ravensseason
ekkor: 14 Mar 2012 [19:18]
Translate»
Apparently, if you send your army to auto-rob and your army is set on low/mele, it is not a glitch if they never return home. I lost about 20k troops during an auto-rob incident a few weeks ago. I sent my full army to auto-rob a farm in my contour. I checked back in a few days later and noticed my army was still in that same farm, just sitting on the storehouse. 50 footpads were taking shots at my powerful army, slowly killing troops with each shot.

I have no idea why my formation was set to low/mele, but that's beside the point. I can understand that I would have lost some troops during the auto-rob, but since my army never engaged with the marauders, I would have expected my army to finish robbing the storehouse and then go home. This never happened. I entered a support ticket and they said this is not a glitch. YOUR ARMY WILL NOT RETURN HOME IF YOU ARE SET ON LOW/MELE. I find this completely absurd! 2 things should have happened here.

1. Army finishes robbing and returns home without any attacking
2. Army finishes robbing and as it moves towards gate and on top of marauders, marauders die instantly. Then, army returns home.

In this case, army finished robbing but never made an attempt to go back home. Support has refused to restore any troops despite my repeated appeals. Here is their last response.

Hello!
We have tested your problem.
Your army have a low aggression and melee attack. It is not a bug. Your army is waiting, when the enemy will come in his field. We don't restore army in this case.
««« 1  2 
crimson
ekkor: 18 Mar 2012 [03:52]
frissítve: 18 Mar 2012 [03:54]
Kvóta RavensSeason:
There's something wrong with the logic there. If they can't move to engage (i.e. out of range) then they should do what I commanded them to do (i.e. auto-rob)

you need to offer a suggestion such that they will go back to robbing if the threat is not within range for the low/melee setting.

this is a very unique case. players can prevent this case by using ANY other combination of settings that's 8 other settings to pick from.
RavensSeason
ekkor: 18 Mar 2012 [04:26]
Kvóta crimson:
players can prevent this case by using ANY other combination of settings that's 8 other settings to pick from.

I'll resubmit my ticket to support to dispute my settings somehow being reverted or changed to low/mele. Unfortunately there will be no way to prove this although a couple others have noticed this happen to them too with the settings.

Thanks for the dialogue. I still 100% disagree with support's decision not to restore troops here. Maybe the wiki should be updated for auto-rob, too.
crimson
ekkor: 18 Mar 2012 [04:58]
Kvóta RavensSeason:
I'll resubmit my ticket to support to dispute my settings somehow being reverted or changed to low/mele. Unfortunately there will be no way to prove this although a couple others have noticed this happen to them too with the settings.

good luck...
Kvóta RavensSeason:
Thanks for the dialogue. I still 100% disagree with support's decision not to restore troops here. Maybe the wiki should be updated for auto-rob, too.

go for it!
««« 1  2