crashxtrm
ekkor: 13 Mar 2012 [00:40]
frissítve: 13 Mar 2012 [00:41]
Translate»
I dont have wall all over my town since,some of the last blocks are covered with rock,or some buildings.....

Is it bad if it's covered by buildings?
Can enemy units pass through rock or forest blocks?

In general,do i have to make a circle with my wall that circles the city to make it a good defense or is it good the way i have it?(:s31:)
crimson
ekkor: 13 Mar 2012 [00:42]
Kvóta crashxtrm:
Can enemy units pass through rock or forest blocks?

yes, but it takes longer for them to cross.
Kvóta crashxtrm:
In general,do i have to make a circle with my wall that circles the city to make it a good defense or is it good the way i have it?

I don't exactly know how "you" have it but you can block the entrances with 2 wall each should provide enough protection.
crashxtrm
ekkor: 13 Mar 2012 [00:50]
This is my city, is this a solid defence?

http://imageshack.us/f/21/truecity.jpg/
crimson
ekkor: 13 Mar 2012 [01:00]
frissítve: 13 Mar 2012 [01:02]
http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/3323/truecity.jpg

the black lines are walls you do not need and most are basically useless. Ate the east entrance, you have a watchtower (this is the only building in the game that enemy (non-foot troops, as with the walls) can not pass. Unlike the walls, a watch tower requires war to demolish (walls you can demolish without war).

At your north entrance, all you need is a wall where the red dot is (you will have to terraform the rock first.

Other than that, you are basically protected right now. All you need to do now, is optimize your wall usage so that you get the best protection for the least amount of population cost.
crashxtrm
ekkor: 13 Mar 2012 [01:03]
how comes i dont need those walls?
please explain it to me,if you have the time and the will to continue helping me(:s1:)

And why just 1 wall at the red dot?
crashxtrm
ekkor: 13 Mar 2012 [06:15]
Kvóta crimson:
yes, but it takes longer for them to cross.

i meant the rock and forest blocks on the city screen. not on the map.

Because what you tell me with the useless walls etc, gives me the idea,that all i need to do is to block the 4 roads that lead to my city,and leave every other area on the sides unblocked.
crimson
ekkor: 13 Mar 2012 [07:03]
Kvóta crashxtrm:
me the idea,that all i need to do is to block the 4 roads that lead to my city

correct! troops will only enter on one of those 4 entrances.
crashxtrm
ekkor: 13 Mar 2012 [15:08]
i see, thank you very much bro, were really helpful(:s1:)
crimson
ekkor: 13 Mar 2012 [15:38]
Kvóta crashxtrm:
i see, thank you very much bro, were really helpful

I wish you much luck and fun!
LENjaskdf
ekkor: 19 Mar 2013 [05:22]
My troops wont let me position them on the walls. Is there a way to do that?
andriotik
ekkor: 19 Mar 2013 [07:45]
You can't position cavalry troops on walls. Normally, you build gates which you can pass through and gives nice bonus defence.
Joe_So_Cool
ekkor: 28 May 2013 [14:06]
Hey bud, It is silly to say you only need walls in four spots. Walls provide defense within your city too. You can surround your building(s) with walls inside of your city as well to give an extra layer of protection. Do you only have to have walls at the four entry spots - well, I suppose, but would you benefit from having more - yes. Lastly, if you are in need of emergency resources, the demolition of the "extra" walls can provide you with that in a pinch. Seeya, Joe
crimson
ekkor: 29 May 2013 [09:12]
Kvóta Joe_So_Cool:
but would you benefit from having more - yes.

Remember, walls takes up population, which you could spend on more troops. So I would not be so quick to place a "yes" on all possibilities.
Kvóta Joe_So_Cool:
Lastly, if you are in need of emergency resources, the demolition of the "extra" walls can provide you with that in a pinch. Seeya, Joe

Downgrading is the only option that allows for refunded resources, and not in whole refund either; only part of the full cost is refunded. Then, you must wait for the downgrade to fully finish before getting the refunded resources. And, the refunded resources is of such little quantity that it would be almost pointless to downgrade for resources.
Joe_So_Cool
ekkor: 29 May 2013 [13:30]
Thank you for that clarification, Crimson. Since the game support documentation is so time consuming to decipher that it takes away from game enjoyment I had not yet found anything describing the amounts one could recoup from demolition. And, in terms of other commentary, this is supposed to be a game of strategy - if your only real strategy is to have more troops, and not to combine troops with protection (strategically placed walls), then perhaps this game is much more simplistic and unimaginative than the opening web pages suggest.

Thanks, Joe