««« 1  2 
ibizafree
ekkor: 03 Mar 2011 [13:38]
Translate»
hi there...somebody can tell me for how long you can have you heroes killed in a battle without resurrect them in the tabern?...I supose that you can have them forever as you was paying for most of them and growing their level isn´t?
ty
best
Ibiza
««« 1  2 
Sir_Edmund
ekkor: 04 Aug 2012 [03:45]
Im picking up this thread over a year later. Here is my perspective.

I'm new to the game, like 36 hours. I've built a small army and leveled most buildings to 10-15, including a 10% Library.

My small army led by my free hero was sent out on a "Kingdon Event" - it was the "Wrecked wagon quest".

I log on, and my entire army of 20 carts, Hero and 50 various troops, is simply... gone.

I look in messaging, and I look in anything that looks like 'logs', and I find nothing, not one bit of notification, that tells me what has happened to them. Just... gone.

I open a support request, and get no response within.... 4 hours now.

I start searching the forums, and find a reference to dead heros found in the tavern ( what happens if I *didn't* have a tavern btw? 0.o )

I look in the tavern and viola! a dead hero. I search for this, and find this thread.

So my opinion? if you are still with me - appreesh.
I think I tend to agree with *what I think* ibizafree is saying. He has spent ten times as much money as I have, so far. 10-11 Euros is what I would spend on a game with decent replayability, and for that I expeect to get, and *keep* main characters that I invest resources and time and thought into.

Look at the monitization of *any* of the *greatest* games, and you do not see characters that just 'disappear' after *any* amount of time.

Furthermore, and finally, Crimson - I applaud your effort in terms of time, moderating a forum for the owners of teh game. No doubt you got in that position for good reason. I myself have moderatied many forums, social, gaming, and professional. I know the effort it takes, and I am happy that you find fulfillment in it.

*however*

In this thread - you do not open any point for debate, you do not encourage or invite any discourse, nor even do you provide a soft shoulder for what is perhaps a bit of a hard lump within the game design.

What you do, is allude to some mysterious "loop hole" which can be exploited to extend the 7 day extermination of a paid-for Invetment, to a 9 day.

Whoopdee-fricken-doo.

Maybe you could actually *help* some of the paying gamers in your audience, and *DISCLOSE* that, if you really thought that would make *any* difference.

I however, do not think that knowing the loop hole will make an difference.

After paying a dozen Euros to quickly start out in what I thought was a cute re-write of a previously done engine, I find that, after evaluating the game play, the game design, as well as the interface, and finally the support, I will not go as far as our poor ibizafree. I will not be around to develop 34 heros.

I encourage your game developers to enter into a discussion with a wide cross section of players, and game design theorists. Invest time adn resources in listening to them. I wish for you, success from your efforts, AmberGames.

Best wishes.

Ed Howard
(at a mimimum, a 30 year veteran of gaming) and;
President
Intellicore
crimson
ekkor: 04 Aug 2012 [15:04]
frissítve: 04 Aug 2012 [15:20]
Kvóta Sir_Edmund:
I open a support request, and get no response within.... 4 hours now.

Support does not work weekends...
Kvóta Sir_Edmund:
My small army led by my free hero was sent out on a "Kingdon Event" - it was the "Wrecked wagon quest".

honestly, I feel these quests (which are player rating tiered) should not be given while under the first tier of newbie protection. This is just my opinion only because new players simply do not know what to expect, how good of a army is good, etc (stuff that you learn when you play the game for about a month). honestly, this is a very very small army which would not make it through any campaign without dieing out-right. This group probably lasted the first second upon entering then just died from one attack. Now, not finding a log is indeed a glitch but I can almost 100% (unless another glitch happened) assure you that your army is dead. if your hero is in the tavern dead, then so is everything else you sent.
Kvóta Sir_Edmund:
what happens if I *didn't* have a tavern btw? 0.o

then build one...you might be able to check castle to see if you can revive your dead hero but I do not know.
Kvóta Sir_Edmund:
In this thread - you do not open any point for debate, you do not encourage or invite any discourse, nor even do you provide a soft shoulder for what is perhaps a bit of a hard lump within the game design.

Looking at the starting thread post, I see only a question which I should have answered "7 days". I see little reason to debate a "fact". (I can only see the opening thread post and your post since its the second page. if you are referring to some other post in this thread, then just quote it and I will give my thoughts as to why I posted the way I did).
Kvóta Sir_Edmund:
What you do, is allude to some mysterious "loop hole" which can be exploited to extend the 7 day extermination of a paid-for Invetment, to a 9 day.

Whoopdee-fricken-doo.

Maybe you could actually *help* some of the paying gamers in your audience, and *DISCLOSE* that, if you really thought that would make *any* difference.

I however, do not think that knowing the loop hole will make an difference.

OK, I'm lost here. What exactly are you either complaining about or writing (posting) about? It seems you are debating extending the keep-alive (keep within tavern while dead) value, however, your hero is obviously still in your tavern waiting to be revived for free (if it was a free hero when he died). The reason (among others) heroes disappear from your tavern after 7 days of being dead is simply for players not to cheat their way out of paying the correct price for the service they are paying for. Think about...well, you are new...you know, its hard debating with someone when you can't use their experiences to help -_-... With 10 euros a month, you can man about a 10 paying hero army (assuming 1000 gold = 10 euros, I do not know the rate...). however, if you play with the loop hole (I did 7 days, not 9), you will pay a min of 200 gold a month so technically this is a very big problem. you can man a army with double the heroes for practically the same cost as 10 heroes without loop hole.
««« 1  2