TomiBullet
on: 28 Aug 2009 [06:09]
Translate»
from Your Assistant to TomiBullet [2 hours ago]
Results of campaign in [RO]Starnou. You lost: Archer 390, Marksman 321, Man-at-arms 132, Pikeman 271, Ranger 4. You killed: Man-at-arms 296, Pikeman 201, Horseman 49, Highwayman 30, Knight 47, Swordsman 179. You robbed: 0.

i was whole the time on wall, he was like defending him self...explane this lose pls couse i cant(:s8:)(:s8:)(:s8:)(:s8:)(:s8:)
crimson
on: 28 Aug 2009 [07:06]
updated: 28 Aug 2009 [07:07]
knights and swordsmen and man-at-arms played a big part in defending from your arrows
SerbanVoda
on: 28 Aug 2009 [09:53]
actually is ... normal (:s1:) nothing wrong there ... in fact, you were lucky to kill so many with only 390 archers and 321 marks ... if you analise the report, you'll see something interesting ... he had no ranged troops ... mounted troops can't climb walls so i think he had a lot of heavy infantry, too much to handle for your ranged troops ... what lvl was that wall ? it does not matter much now, but ... just asking.
TomiBullet
on: 28 Aug 2009 [16:20]
2nd level...tell me something serbanvoda pls...would i make more damage and have better fight if i sended heavy infantry too...well, i must destroy wall firts, thats why i didnt but probably will do today...(:s1:)(:s17:) but first i must analyze this fight and see where i did wrong couse i lost this fight, i think(:s2:)(:s19:)
TomiBullet
on: 28 Aug 2009 [16:27]
and one more thing(:s1:) would i make more damage to him if i was sitted on wall level 3? couse there was 1 piece of it(:s2:)(:s19:)
crimson
on: 29 Aug 2009 [08:12]
Quote TomiBullet:
would i make more damage to him

no but it would decrease the damage dealt to you since you are better protected.
Quote SerbanVoda:
n fact, you were lucky to kill so many with only 390 archers and 321 marks ...

there maybe a few things wrong with this...first he may of left the town with his remaining troops. Also he was on a wall which protected his troops some. I think it was a calculated loss and not by luck, maybe even a little bit of both...
Quote SerbanVoda:
if you analise the report, you'll see something interesting ... he had no ranged troops ... mounted troops can't climb walls so i think he had a lot of heavy infantry, too much to handle for your ranged troops

he had ranged troops, you just don't see them in the battle report if they don't die (remember that tom lost or retreated so he did not kill all troops)
SerbanVoda
on: 29 Aug 2009 [08:47]
updated: 29 Aug 2009 [08:50]
Tom had rangers too ... rangers sight = 3 / archers attack range = 3, marks attack range = 2 ... so enemy ranged troops were supposed to be in Tom's rangers / archers wiev / range ... is hard to believe he couldn't kill not even one archer / mark of his enemy ... but you may be right, i don't argue with that ... or maybe the defender had thousands of ranged troops or ... who knows ?! ... that's why i believe that battle reports must be a little more "extended" ... at this moment, reports are just a simple info of your defeat and how many losses, nothing more ... if you're not online reports are useless and, if i may say, exasperating ... sorry (:s1:)
crimson
on: 29 Aug 2009 [09:10]
updated: 29 Aug 2009 [09:13]
Quote SerbanVoda:
be a little more "extended"

it is if you press on "detailed report" however you can't just copy and paste that...
Quote SerbanVoda:
if you're not online reports are useless

I learn a lot from off line attacks
Quote SerbanVoda:
is hard to believe he couldn't kill not even one archer / mark of his enemy
from what I read here (I may be missing something) but I think you need to review how formations and ranged attacks work...
SerbanVoda
on: 29 Aug 2009 [13:27]
ok ... i'll say it for the last time ... detailed report does not work when it comes from a fight on a foreign city ... you can press that line until you get blisters on your fingers, all you have is just a dry memo or info or whatever ... only battles from your city have this "detailed report" ... as for how formations and ranged attacks works i have seen a lot of strange things happening in this game ... this is no complain or incrimintion but please, don't put everything on this formation / range thing ... if you're offline the AI is terrible (in the worst way possible) ... even online you can have some nasty surprises (nobody talks about that army control lag that can drive you crazy if you fight in a rough area)

... and one more ... please, can you share us what you learn from off line attacks ? (I apologise for my impertinence but i can't help myself ... anyway, this is my last comment on this matter ... and probably many others)
TomiBullet
on: 29 Aug 2009 [14:18]
damn, i wroted everything and need to start over...net blocked..(:s20:)
ok...before i went to battle i sended scout there, i saw army on the other side of wall-2pieces away, enought to place marksman and archers on the wall and shot...i couldnt saw any ranged troops so i sad perfect, my archers and marksman will shot them from wall and they cant reach or kill me couse he has no ranged troops(exept if he moves closer to me)..i sended archers, rangers, marksmen(placed on wall) and some other melle troop and cavalry in a case that he come on this side(then i hit with whole army)...i went in battle and surpised, my archers and marksman were dieing...even then i couldnt saw any ranged troops on his side exept few catapults and rams...i lost! when i look at the detailed report i found out this...his army: 1scout, 1hero, 500carts, 250pikeman,100rangers,50horseman,500man-at-arms,10catapults,30archers,50knight,5rams,30footpad,250marksman,50royalguard,30higwayman,250swordsman...
TomiBullet
on: 29 Aug 2009 [14:34]
and now, iam a bit surprised that i couldnt saw his ranged troops before then later in detailed report or i did and i forgot couse i thought that wall will give me better deffense...so crimson is right! so is serbanvoda about luck! he had formation set on default thats why i didnt kill any archers(3th line) but i killed all his cavalry(:s1:)(1st line)...thats why, who sad that default formation is good-he is very wrong! if my oponent had better formation, cavalry set in 2nd line then i wouldnt kill em, maybe only few swordsman...default formation might be good when u attack melle, when u defend on range against army with a lot of ranged troops then u are loosing ur expensive cavalry...(:s11:)
TomiBullet
on: 29 Aug 2009 [14:41]
Quote SerbanVoda:
as for how formations and ranged attacks works i have seen a lot of strange things happening in this game ... this is no complain or incrimintion but please, don't put everything on this formation / range thing ...

i also think that u re wrong here serbanvoda...first think that player needs to know is which army is best for him...then absolutly he must take some time and study formation..send ranger or scout, see what army ur opponent has and set ur formation(most important thing in battle)...set ur range(endepende of ur army) and absolutely high aggresion if u attack..thats my opinion so formation and range are very important...(:s9:)
crimson
on: 29 Aug 2009 [22:59]
updated: 29 Aug 2009 [23:12]
Quote SerbanVoda:
detailed report does not work when it comes from a fight on a foreign city

I just tested that, it works for me and it seems to work for tom too...
Quote TomiBullet:
when i look at the detailed report

I remember when I was on a different computer with IE on it instead of fire fox, it would not let me pull up the detailed reports. this was a long time ago though...
Quote SerbanVoda:
and one more ... please, can you share us what you learn from off line attacks ?

I did various tests (I just left my army in a nocommander town when I was off line). I tested things like does splitting up your ranged troops do more damage than being in one group, how damage is dealt, who attacks and who does not in formations, and some settings with aggression and attack range, etc...
Quote TomiBullet:
expensive cavalry

actually when you consider the amount of pop it takes for one knight, they are dirt cheap...