Bane
on: 15 Aug 2009 [13:11]
Translate»
Have just noticed after building walls@entrances and having no probs with my troops leaving, that now i can build Gates!!! Had a quick look on the forum for the reasons for the Gates, and found that they let your troops out(:s6:) My walls are watertight and i am sad enough to have another wall build behind these. Why am i getting offered to build Gates? Is there another use for them?
crimson
on: 15 Aug 2009 [13:28]
to let allies in your town (they won't automatically warp to your rally point like your troops do)
Bane
on: 15 Aug 2009 [13:37]
Can let allies in now, but they can not bring thier Carts in. Think this is Safer would you not think?
Bane
on: 15 Aug 2009 [13:38]
Thanks for the quick response Crimson!(:s11:)
crimson
on: 15 Aug 2009 [14:00]
allies can't rob you. gate allow ALL troops of allies in.
bleeham
on: 15 Aug 2009 [14:14]
NO (:s15:) they didn't come thru the rally point.

Stop at the GATE. (:s6:) He has been there for some time, no replay to mail (:s10:)(:s4:)

Maybe he stop playing for the day after he sent them.

(:ally:)(:lol:)(:rolleyes:)(:s21:)(:s21:)
crimson
on: 15 Aug 2009 [14:49]
Quote bleeham:
NO s15 they didn't come thru the rally point.

Quote crimson:
they won't automatically warp to your rally point like your troops do
gt0114
on: 16 Aug 2009 [15:35]
crimsonis saying that they let ur allies (:ally:) in and keep ur eniemies out (:enemy:) (as long as they don't have rams) and they give a little bit less defence bonus if ur troops r on gate not wall
Bane
on: 02 Sep 2009 [18:32]
Do you need to put a gate on each entrance point, or do you just need one to let your allies in?
SerbanVoda
on: 02 Sep 2009 [18:50]
Depends to which gate your allies will come. For example, if the allied town is positioned to the west, west gate will be. And so on.

A gate can be crossed much easier than a wall.
Bane
on: 02 Sep 2009 [18:55]
Cheers Serbanvoda, thought that might be the case. If your army are already in the city, and they build walls and a gate, but not at the entrance you came in, can you still get out?
SerbanVoda
on: 02 Sep 2009 [22:25]
it doesn't matter which entrance you pick when you want to leave that city ... you can use any entrance to go out ... also, if that town is one of your allies don't worry about gates ... gates are "invisible" for allied troops, they can go through like it never exists (well, almost ... (:s1:) ) ... i can tell you that a mounted unit can go through an "allied" gate in about 10 secs.