Bane
on: 02 Aug 2009 [17:18]
Translate»
There seems to be a gap at two out of the four entrances to my city! Does this mean armies can get threw, or does the entrance access between rock to rock? (Hope that made sense) Pl Help
SerbanVoda
on: 02 Aug 2009 [18:29]
in most cases, to block the entrance you need only 2 pieces of wall (as you probably already know by now, troops can't move on diagonal so you must block the front cell of your entrances plus the side, right or left, depends on the gate) ... still, there are some rare situations when it takes 3 (only if you have a resource building located right there, close to an entrance - in this case you must put 3 segments of wall, in a row, in front of your entrance) ... from what you say i understand (or i have the impression) that you have 2 cells with rocks near one of your entrance ... troops can cross those rocks ... they don't get through, they climb the rocks and pass over.
Bane
on: 02 Aug 2009 [23:34]
updated: 02 Aug 2009 [23:36]
Thanks for that!! One of my resources is in the middle of the entrance, the right hand side has the sign for entrance, and the left is nothing, like so:

Rock space rock with iron mine attached space Rock

The space on the right has the sign.
bleeham
on: 03 Aug 2009 [00:54]
A test it...Try and put a unit at the exit, if allow to get their, somone can get in. I have a two layer walls, both at level 3.
gunner1700
on: 03 Aug 2009 [01:11]
nice nice two layers of lvl 3 walls... im in grail so i just have one layer lvl 2. But after i build my army up more and keep donating reesourses to library ima lvl them up too 3 then attack people(lvl 3 walls just in case they try to counter attack
Bane
on: 03 Aug 2009 [15:49]
What happens if i build the wall across, leaving my Resource in front? Do i still use it or is it lost?
crimson
on: 03 Aug 2009 [16:09]
you still use it...
gunner1700
on: 03 Aug 2009 [16:36]
u can still use it but its more likely that its going to be destoryed when u are waring people
bleeham
on: 07 Aug 2009 [10:42]
A Good Defense, Have walls at all Entrance Points to block troops, Leave Range troops like Archers/Catapults/at your town, then can Attack arriving troops before they can break thru your walls. I keep over 100 troops in each City at all times. One can also have Rock next to Wall to cause then to travel slowly.(:s9:)(:s11:)(:lol:)
SerbanVoda
on: 11 Aug 2009 [19:33]
updated: 11 Aug 2009 [19:39]
... 2 layers of walls (no matter what lvl) are useless ... they act like one if there's no gap between ... i mean, once the enemy is on the first layer, the second one will be no problem for him to cross over ... it's like walking on top of a wide wall and that is the equivalent to walking on sand or grass ... is nothing, is no gain ... put a gap between and fill that gap with rocks ... this way you have : wall (12 mins to climb a lvl3 wall) -> rocks (5 mins to climb) -> wall (another 12 mins to climb a lvl3 wall) ... to descend from each obstacle it takes about 25 - 30 secs ... so do the count and compare with your 2 layers of lvl3 walls (12 mins to climb, 30 secs to get to the next layer and 30 secs to climb down)

... damn, this was supposed to remain secret ... not anymore (:s8:)

edit : oh, i forgot ... once the enemy is on your walls he may not want to come down ... those walls give him a nice defensive bonus so he can wait there forever (or until your over 100 tropps are defeated) ... sorry.
TomiBullet
on: 11 Aug 2009 [23:12]
damn...i have exactly as serbanvoda sad exept one entrance...i have on all entrances walls-rocks(also ranged army)-walls, exept one entrance..if i want to repair this mistake on one entrance then i have to rebuild walls 3steps away from entrance what means that i have to destroy my market place and rebuild it...serbanvoda,pls give me advice, should i do it or not, u know it will cost me some and i dont want to if makes no sence...thx
SerbanVoda
on: 12 Aug 2009 [01:17]
how many times have you been attacked from that direction ? if that's a vulnerability you should do an effort and secure it but otherwise ... no ... walls are just a part of your defensive strategy ... if someone wants badly to take your city, those walls will only slow down just for a short time this action ... don't destroy your market, rethink the placement of walls in that area ... i'm sure you have some ideas (:s11:) ... more important is how you use and how quick you can move your troops in the area when you are attacked.
TomiBullet
on: 12 Aug 2009 [04:23]
thx man, i defenitly get something from this (:s11:)
SerbanVoda
on: 12 Aug 2009 [20:19]
updated: 12 Aug 2009 [20:22]
maybe i'm wrong but i have the feeling that i was misunderstood ...

... when i said "2 layers of walls (no matter what lvl) are useless ... they act like one if there's no gap between" i was referring to rows of walls, one alongside to the other, with no space or anything else between ... TomiBullet, your arrangement of wall-rock(behind the first wall)-wall(behind the rock) is not a mistake ... this is one (of many) optimal solution to slow down those who want to enter your city - it takes around 30 mins to cros this defensive line, more than enough to do a significant dammage to the enemy ... my advice was to "put a gap between and fill that gap with rocks" ... as for the ranged troops, you are the one to decide where to set them.

... i'm sorry and i apologise for the confusion, if it was any.