Envija
Developer
on: 08 Jun 2023 [12:44]
updated: 01 Jul 2023 [14:30]
Translate»
https://s1.hostingkartinok.com/uploads/images/2023/06/5a3b9faec3d8150089c91a8521fe1d64.jpg
It was one of those nice blossoming evenings when summer just started and horses got to far meadows for nice fresh grass and a lot of stories told beside the bonfire. After a lot of pledging and asking my old friend Reinfridus of the Mountain agreed to tell a story about Sacred Sun Pendant. Listen to all who dreams about restoring ancient artifact of power.
- Long ago, when I was young, mighty, and enthusiastic, my father was worried about the increasing amount of different groups of people going near our area and sent me to scout and explore rumors. When I was wandering at some abandoned camp of the tribe whose power was well known I found a forgotten clay vase filled with dry flowers and a strange item inside. At first sight that was just a piece of broken metal, but after a bit of cleaning it got some shape of a symbol. While riding to the next reported camp place I suddenly remember a tale our grandma used to tell on winter evenings - once upon a time in a cave near our village lived a powerful wizard who created a Pendant of the Sacred Sun - artifact which helped to keep up all our bonfires burning forever with very small amount of firelogs. However, villagers soon forgot about all the good things that the wizard had done and send him away cursing him for sudden animal illness. Before the wizard went away he broke the Pendant of the Sacred Sun and hide all pieces. But if there would be a hero who collects all pieces, and find burning coal from the wizard's fireplace and some secret ingredients then in the shortest night of the year Pendant could be restored. But the path would not be easy - as soon as the hero would collect the first 2 pieces, the guarding spirit of Warrior Caliban will rise up, and exploring starts to be challenging. I continued my scouting task and explored those camps more diligently and soon enough I had already 3 pieces, it was clear that going to be an epic journey and tough enough. I already crossed a place where our neighbors lived before the accident when a ray of sunshine marked the spot, let's check it. Evening at home while taking a little snack my eyes catch the sight of a very old flower pot tray, cracked a bit, and showed a small corner of something. Indeed I need to send some nice souvenirs to my old aunt, who gifted those flowers to us. In the morning my father gave me another inspecting task, I guess it will take a full week to be done, but on the bright side - I can fulfill another quest step while doing it. After several days of hard work, my cousin sent a kind reminder that she invited us to their city festival with a lot of festive things - a church service, a big market, and new souvenir shops, and different stands where luck was needed. I'm always keen on such things. When returning home I saw the once-famous castle on the hill, maybe the greatness of the old days will give me another hint for the next piece. Talking about the old days - at the market I met an old craftsman who complained about the fact, that all young people nowadays want just fast make higher holding buildings while earlier in low levels there was ancient knowledge about making wonderful pieces of art.

The next day we all were surprised that the old ancient city rise up, got some adventurous friends to accompany exploring it. The expedition was successful and the next piece was mine. If you think, that my father allowed some rest after it - boy you are wrong! Tasks should be done - old gathering places should be revised. So I took the torch from the wall and go deeper.
When I returned from work, the ladies asked for some help to make a festive table - nice, let's help and surely can get some snacks earlier and have some time for swapping cheese and flowers in the correct places, then small help to lady Rutha at the cellar, hoping to get some kiss as a reward for my surely epic help. Nope, she sent me to an apiarist get some candles for the table.
Finally, all 21 pieces are here, shortest night just started, time to start a festive bonfire and restore the Sacred Sun Pendant.