joeypop
on: 22 Mar 2014 [21:33]
Translate»
I just wanted to share my frustration with this 'prize'
Personally, this is not a 'prize' at all. Every time I get this, I am a loser. I have lost out on all the other options and have racked up the mercenary camps because I will never be able to buy them.
These camps cost 1200, 1500 or more gold. For the player that can only afford to buy minimal amounts of gold, building these camps is not possible and the 'gift' is actually discouraging.
I enjoy many other aspects of the game and compliment some servers and game creators for gifts like resources, artifacts and more. Every time I receive these gifts, I am encouraged to save some money to spend on in-game gold! On the flip-side when I get I gift I know I can never use over and over again I am discouraged. The price of building these camps is beyond what the amount of gold I can purchase in a month and the last thing I want to do is save several months of accumulated gold and spend it all on one mercenary camp that is not much better than the Byzantine Fortress.
As previously stated, I love a lot about 1100AD. I just thought there were probably many other players that struggle with obtaining gold that feel the same about this part of the product. If your gonna throw us dogs a bone, try to leave some meat on it.
Thanks all for reading and understand I'm just sharing an opinion.
Hakushi
on: 24 Mar 2014 [13:51]
Quote joeypop:
Personally, this is not a 'prize' at all. Every time I get this, I am a loser. I have lost out on all the other options and have racked up the mercenary camps because I will never be able to buy them.

I understand how you feel when you get this prize but in some ways, it's free prizes, they have to be for every players, and not so long ago, we didn't get any of these prizes.

Here's some other prizes that are lost for some other type of players:

Population troops:

Those prizes are lost when a player has 0 population.

Mercenary troops:

Those prizes are also lost when a player already spent all his mercenary points or doesn't have an obelisk yet.

The prizes are designed to be for as many players as possible, some of them will always be useless for some specific players, but remember this: These are FREE prizes, or they are at the cost of 1 diamond. You can't expect to win something useful every time you buy a lottery ticket. The mercenary camp prizes are extremely nice for the strongest players, it's the only way to build those camps. That's the spirit of a lottery, one day you are lucky, the other day you're out of luck. When I started to play, we had none of those.
joeypop
on: 25 Mar 2014 [19:28]
updated: 25 Mar 2014 [19:32]
Quote joeypop:
I enjoy many other aspects of the game and compliment some servers and game creators for gifts like resources, artifacts and more. Every time I receive these gifts, I am encouraged to save some money to spend on in-game gold! On the flip-side when I get I gift I know I can never use over and over again I am discouraged.

I just want to reiterate that I am quite appreciative of all the free stuff that is handed to players and again stress that they make me want to play more and spend more.

While getting the 'Beer Keg' artifact, 1000 of each resource or troops when I don't have the population or mercenary points isn't great, I can at least use the first two examples and in the case of latter, I'm encouraged to visit riskier adventure camps or build an affordable mercenary camp.

I'm just saying that handing out those mercenary camps is like Oprah giving away cars that people end up losing because they can't pay the taxes on such a gift.

I don't expect to win something great every time I play the lottery.

What I was saying is that it's discouraging for the little guys (and by the looks there are more little guys than big guys) to get this gift. The players that have enough gold to by 4 or 5 of these camps probably don't need the help because they're already indestructible

It's just my opinion these camps should be available for gold just like all the others and that 'gifting' the camps this way is not an effective promotion because it actually might be doing the opposite with many players or possibly even the majority.
joeypop
on: 25 Mar 2014 [19:51]
My apologies if my post came across as complaint over a gift/free stuff or an attack on game creators/contributors.

I intended it to be a constructive criticism.