playground
Developer
on: 15 Aug 2013 [17:25]
updated: 15 Aug 2013 [22:51]
Translate»
Dear players,

thank you for all the feedback! We are sorry that the change to the map was not well received by players.

We have analyzed all your feedback, and have concluded that the main drawbacks are:
- Insufficient amount of information provided by the new map;
- The new map is not user-friendly;
- Color scheme selected for the map.

Rest assured that in the nearest time we will fix these drawbacks and will show you the end result.

First sketches of a new map will be published in this topic on 16/08/2013.
http://1100ad.com/wiki/images/7/7b/Rxx6.jpg
Jak20054
on: 15 Aug 2013 [18:47]
Thank you for taking the time to upgrade the game and to take on more work by taking our suggestions. I felt it necessary to add in one more thing. Since the upgrade, I am uable to use my map/world map button or tactics button. The only way I can get to the map is by accessing it through the stats and alliances page. This being said, I am and have always used a tabet on this game and think that is probably the issue. I'd hate to see 4 months of work go away. Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to all our posts.

Jak20054
New World Server
turtledog4
on: 15 Aug 2013 [19:36]
updated: 15 Aug 2013 [19:36]
Thank you for continuing to build your game and for your willingness to try again and incorporate players' suggestions. We will be glad to again be able to see the location of temporary huts and other things we look at on the map when we zoom out to the world map. While it is possible to play your game on a tablet or phone touchscreen, Jak20054 has a point; it is difficult and the map is just about impossible to manipulate. All things considered, though, great game! Thank you!(:s11:)
bigelittlee
on: 15 Aug 2013 [20:10]
Thanks for taking the time to listen to us and being willing to change things for us.
Hakushi
on: 15 Aug 2013 [23:09]
Same as previous users, thank you for taking the time to listen to us and make the appropriate changes to the map. One of the problems is also that environment and cities are taking their entire squares on the map and when many are right next to each other, it makes it hard to see everything.

I like the change you show up in this screenshot, make the mountains and trees a little smaller in their squares and a different look for cities to make it easier to distinguish the stages of each city could also be a good thing.
trader_is_back
on: 16 Aug 2013 [00:15]
I think the best way to fix this would able to offer both the old and new map to users, not sure if this is possible though.
jhernesy0001
on: 16 Aug 2013 [04:49]
I was one of those who complained of the graph of the map, and I must say I was very pleased to see the illustration of this new format. If you really look like Congratulations result.
I would return to speak to the world map function would be very important that the players "LORDS" was possible to visualize all the cities of his vassals. Does that change is possible?
crarovew
on: 16 Aug 2013 [13:15]
can you please list somewhere which else changes where made on grail except the obvious map change ?
- hero-ammount-limit,
- more artefacts in auction possible at the same time,
- hero cost visualized in storehouse,
- new pirate-heroes for diamants,
- spaming chats with exploration results of foreign ppl (revealing to everyone their location),
- new hero skill
are just those i spotted and rememberd right now..
jsb
on: 16 Aug 2013 [15:51]
jhernesy0001
this new model mentioned above would be ideal for novais days (:s30:)(:s33:)
playground
Developer
on: 16 Aug 2013 [17:35]
Quote jhernesy0001:
I would return to speak to the world map function would be very important that the players "LORDS" was possible to visualize all the cities of his vassals. Does that change is possible?

We are afraid that it might reduce performance.
Napoleon18051815
on: 21 Aug 2013 [01:30]
Thank you for taking the time to upgrade the game and to take on more work by taking our suggestions. I felt it necessary to add in one more thing. Since the upgrade, I am uable to use my map/world map button or tactics button. The only way I can get to the map is by accessing it through the stats and alliances page. This being said, I am and have always used a tabet on this game and think that is probably the issue. I'd hate to see 4 months of work go away. Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to all our posts.

Jak20054
New World Server

Ditto - I also cannot access map, or use most of the buttons on the tactics screen. I use a PC XP IE8 and not a tablet/laptop.