Cathrine
Developer
on: 08 Nov 2012 [19:52]
updated: 08 Nov 2012 [21:10]
Translate»
Technical Issues:

Question: My account is temporary blocked. What should I do?

Answer: When wrong login/password is entered several times in a row, user account is temporary blocked and user is unable to log in for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes user may try to enter login/password again.

Question: How to set the security code?
Answer: To avoid possible profile refresh mistakes, is recommended to exit the game (use “Exit” button in the bottom right part of the screen) and log in again. In user profile click “Change” button, choose “Secret question” and type in the answer. Click “ok” and re-log again. Your security code is now set.

Question: I want to change sex in my user profile. How?
Answer: Contact support in order to change this.

Game Issues:

*****Hero*****
Question: Heroes – why do I need them?
Answer: Hero is important part of every army. Only heroes can activate artifacts that enhance army parameters, capture cities, explore and rob locations and collect taxes.
As well heroes affect army parameters such as attack, defense, received experience, etc. It is very important to have at least one hero for each army.

Question: Some heroes are free, others are paid. What's the difference?
Answer: Game has 3 types of heroes:
Free — hero that doesn't require daily payments. Every player receives single free hero. Buying game subscriptions increases available free hero slots;
Conditionally free - hero that doesn't require daily payments, but when the hero dies or is put on the auction, he becomes paid one. This change is irreversible. Conditionally free hero can be bought with diamonds, obtained with subscription for 3 or more months, or during kingdom-wide event;
Paid — hero that requires daily payment of 5 gold.

Question: My free hero become paid. Why?
Answer:Majority of cases have one of two reasons: either your subscription expired, or you had lost/discarded your city.
If your free hero become paid for any other reason – please contact technical support.

Question: My free hero died. Just died, with no obvious reason. Why?
Answer: Most likely this happened due to several reason combination:
Your subscription expired;
You have lost/discarded city;
You don't have enough gold on your account.

Your hero might become paid after subscription expiration or city loss, and if you haven't got enough gold on your account, the hero died.

Question: My free hero died/become paid. Why?
Answer: After silver/gold subscription expiration one of two available free heroes becomes paid. This happens by chance and cannot be predicted.
You still retain one slot for free hero. You can kill all your heroes and resurrect one of them. Resurrected hero will be free for you.

Question: How to kill a hero?
Answer: To kill a hero, you should remove him from army (if he's in army), then delete/kill the army.

*****Artifacts and resources*****
Question: How do I get diamonds?
Answer: You may obtain diamonds:
As a bonus for everyday logins (1 diamond per day);
For some novice quests;
For gold buying (buying 1000, 2000, 5000 or 10000 gold rewards diamonds);
Inviting new users via referral system.

Detailed information about diamonds you may find here

Question: Can I buy subscription for my diamonds?
Answer: Yes, you can. The only difference between standard subscription for gold and diamond subscription is it's duration: Diamond subscription is 7 days long at most.

Question: How can I earn gold?
Answer: Gold can be earned several ways:
Selling hero(es) on the auction;
Selling troops on the auction;
Selling artifacts on the auction;
Receiving contributions from vassals or order knights;
Contributions from other players for setting up diplomatic relations with them;
Performing tasks for other players for a fee;
Buying gold for real money.

Question: Artifacts – what are they and why do I need them?
Answer: Artifacts are used for enhancing your army or hero parameters, other, more powerful artifact creation, or to receive pleasant gifts.
Detailed information about artifacts you may find here

Question: Where can I get artifacts?
Answer: Artifacts may be obtained in adventure huts and temporary adventure huts, as well as in mercenary camps. The more difficult location is, the more powerful artifact may be obtained.

Question: How can I protect my resources in case of assault?
Answer: There are several ways how to protect available resources from robbing:
Transfer them to another city of yours;
Invest resources in library/obelisk;
Order to build units or buildings;

*****Cities, buildings and locations*****
Question: How can I improve building?
Answer: Choose building to improve. In the “Overview” tab click “Upgrade” button. If you have enough resources for upgrade and upgrade queue is empty, building upgrade will start immediately.

Question: How can I upgrade stables, workshop or barracks?
Answer: To upgrade above mentioned buildings, reserve 3x3 cell place (9 cells total). Fill these 9 cells with nine 1st level buildings of the selected type. Choose one of those buildings and upgrade it. When building reaches level 10, it will automatically expand to 9 cells (3x3 cells).

Question: How to assault a city?
Answer: Firstly you should obtain 10th level library, that is build and upgrade this building. Then you should invest 37500 units of each resource (wood, coal, iron, stone, lime) to expand your city control possibilities. When you got “Cities you can control currently: 2” line in your library, you re ready to assault and control another city.

You will need an army to assault another city. At least one hero should accompany your army. Select the city to assault and direct your army there. In the city you should find castle, click it and order your hero to capture it. Castle capture takes 24 hours, so in favorable conditions in 24 hours city will be controlled by you.

Question: How to rob a city?
Answer: To rob the city you will need an army. Carts are a must as they will allow your troops to carry more booty. At least one hero should accompany your army. Select the city to rob and direct your army there. In the city you should find stockhouse, click it and order your hero to rob it. If there is any resource in the stockhouse, army starts robbing.

Question: Why do I need a marktower?
Answer: Marktower is specific building on the valley map used for further transformation. You can build marktower in any spare place in the valley (except for places obstructed by walls or terrain). It takes 24 hours to build the marktower.
Marktower may be transformed into mercenary camp, city or fort, or your city may be transferred there.
Detailed information about marktowers you may find here

Question: Why do I need walls, gates or watchtowers?
Answer: Walls, gates and watchtowers are considered to be defensive works and protect owner from assaults. Walls and gates are obstructing the path for cavalry, but watchtowers increase field of view in the city.

Question: What are mercenary camps?
Answer: Mercenary camps are specific locations on the valley map. You can capture them to obtain Mercenary points. As well they afford opportunity to hire mercenary units. Mercenary unit type depend on location.
For example, user owning “Templar Castle” location receives 100 units of templar knights for hire and 1000 Mercenary points.

Question: Why do I need reputation?
Answer: Reputation enables you to create diplomatic relations with other players – conclude treaties, found Orders and join them, build marktowers.
For some servers supporting reputation system quests that player receives are based on his/her reputation level.

*****Troops and army controlling*****
Question: How can I send my army to another city?
Answer: In the upper menu choose “Valley” → “Attack”, then choose departure and destination cities. Select amount and type of units and click “aid” buttons to dispatch your army.

Question: How to return troops back to my city?
Answer: When in enemy city, gather all your units and send them to one of the exit points. There choose all your units, in the army controlling menu choose “Leave the city”, choose destination city and click “Leave” button.

Question: What about “Mercenary points”? How to use them and how to get them?
Answer: Mercenary points (MP) are an additional resource used to recruit additional units to your army. You can acquire MP by building Obelisk of Glory or Fountain of Glory, by capturing or buying mercenary camps, or using your diplomatic skills. Hiring mercenaries using mercenary points can significantly reinforce your troops.

Question: I have Mercenary points but have no mercenaries. How can I hire them?
Answer: If you have MP but you are unable to hire anyone, this may be due to one of the following reasons:
You don't have enough MP;
Mercenaries haven't arrived yet.

You can hasten their arrival using “Call for arms” feature (costs 15 gold) or wait for their arrival completely free of charge.
vonGraudenz
on: 09 Nov 2012 [00:23]
Will you be posting this F.A.Q. in the German forum as well?
zappazoola
on: 05 Feb 2013 [21:41]
hello : catherin my family has been Blocked from the game Why?
no one can log on?
these are there names no one can send to support because they have been blocked Today sorry if this is Not the place but They need Help there names are
amberland1
bang2012
55chevy
doctorvodka
louie6715
Made_in_USA
Made__in__USA
zakzakos
superpontios
jussike

can you help these aremy imediate family i rarely come her to forum but they can not get intuch with support i will send THANK YOU SO MUCH..
crimson
on: 06 Feb 2013 [00:44]
updated: 06 Feb 2013 [00:44]
Large family eh? Please go here:
http://support.ambergames.com/index.php?
Register, then make a support ticket, 1100ad, tech problem. fill out the rest of your ticket and submit it. Good luck.
zappazoola
on: 06 Feb 2013 [20:36]
updated: 06 Feb 2013 [20:41]
(:s20:)yes !! very large family crimson
i went to the so called support site with all the emails and sent
with each person to the site and nothing so called support!! there is none!! going on 4 days now !! there is no support here no help what so ever thank you for your time.. i give up kids upset so am i ..1000ad amberland game was fun now just frustrating every time there is a bug - problem it takes a very long time to get it fixed !! one of the worst support on a browser game!!thank you i give up.......(:s6:)bad word(:s13:)
the kids and family have been playing over a year and now there going to loose there games!! what a waiste of time and money.. i give up(:s5:)
crimson
on: 06 Feb 2013 [20:56]
updated: 06 Feb 2013 [20:58]
This is NOT a bug. There is a system that records certain actions and looks for patterns. At the end of a set time, a list is made of all the red flags. Those accounts are then looked at and watched further. another list is made, and if the accounts are marked again, they get banned. something like that...

Red flags:
Same IP
Benefit of main account from the sacrifice if the sub account

The same IP is not enough to warrant bans, but added with the pure sacrifice of the subs to benefit the main is. If it happens a lot then that should warrant bans.

If you were getting full merc from all of your children's accounts, then that is a sub form of multi-accounting... However, if this is not the case, then there is a good chance to appeal those bans. I hope it works out for you.
DoctorVodka
on: 07 Feb 2013 [00:24]
updated: 07 Feb 2013 [00:44]
hello i do not have access to the game !!
is this a browser game or not, same ip adress yes there are 4 computers beingused for the game if the game is willing to purchase 7 more computers for us to play we will gladly take them!!
i dont mean to get nasty but we all have taken turns playing game for over a year!! with no problems untill now yes some kids stay on longer but us the parents and the working people stay onfor about 10 min why is this a problem now and if so i want all the money returned to my account !! is that going to happen if i do not get my game back i think not.. going on 5 days with a bunch of usless tickets and no access to our games!! return all our money and we will go elsewere . it is a game that takes your money!! and you can not get it back or access to it tell support to send the laptops and we all can play again ..

enough you do not know what you are talking about and this game server sucks!! i and my family never ever bothered any one in the game these words are from a pissed off working parent who has to try to get a answer fromsupport ? what support were isit? only when money is involved then the game takes it and gives nothing back ..
the inventor should refund all our money and pay us for our time playing there!! game..because it is NOT OURS!!!! ENOUGH ALREADY. (:s13:) GAME TWIST AND THE (:s13:) WHO INVENTED IT!!
do not worry crimson i will never come to this forum again Sorry to you.. NOT THE SERVER!!!
zappazoola
on: 07 Feb 2013 [00:49]
yeah it seems we cornerd the market on 1100ad ( Game) the rise of amberland it's just a browser game you do not get to rule the world only a game!
yea bro.this is a poorly developed game limted resources limited mercanarys they should have told us this when we started!after 2 years they decided we had corner on the game some funny shit right maybe the did not like the name zappazoola . glad to stop playing just return all my money to my account and my time!! gladly go play elswere..im laughing inside from all the crap you here in this game ..crimson this has nothig to do for you you helped me before and i respect that but this this sucks.. sorry crimsom=n we allwill never come to forum there is no reson to you get nothig here!! take care enjoy..
crimson
on: 07 Feb 2013 [00:50]
Please have zappazoola message me in-game with all of the ticket ID's you have made on this.I do not know if I can help, but I will try my best to help. Please send messages to my Aragon account.
colbushi
on: 17 Feb 2013 [08:41]
Where to get the Huge Sapphires and Rubies?
schnitzer90
on: 17 Feb 2013 [14:16]
Quote colbushi:
Where to get the Huge Sapphires and Rubies?

I know you can get them when exploring the abandoned university. There might be a slight chance of them dropping somewhere else, but I doubt it.

Also, sometimes there are special periods when the developers allow them to be dropped in very adventure hut, but currently it's not such a special period. (:s30:)
buttress
on: 16 Jan 2014 [07:47]
(:s33:)im sorry to begin to agree but this game used to have real meaning
yet latly its gotten more expensive n many many loyal players of many years are begining to question why we play when yes suppourt is now not only so long if ever to clear tickets they also are more common n frequent that even gold spenders are having there honest earnt money stolen without reimbursement prompt and fair whats going on guys whats going on creators its getting alot harder to one covince my members you truly care n will reimburse us soon n two to convince new players you dont have to have gold that used to be true not so much anymore !(:s26:)
buttress
on: 16 Jan 2014 [07:54]
(:s31:)please stop messing with servers and changing them players are at this point in the servers they wish to be n merges add ons n new features just seem to produce more bugs more problems gold is a big issue many are losing heart as so many are having far far to many failures and bugs without timely compensation n many times without even a sorry n by youre way put youre brilliant minds into solving the bugs smooting the game back out n running right n making sure those who suppourt you(:s29:)by playing this game n spending are happy first and formost (:s11:)
eusebius12
on: 28 Jan 2014 [00:09]
(:s11:)
Ardes
on: 10 Feb 2014 [07:31]
I have to put my game on vacation mode due to my spouse going into hospital, and one of my cities is also being attacked. Will I come back to a destroyed city if I put it on vacation mode now?
Maddog
on: 10 Feb 2014 [11:15]
Quote Ardes:
I have to put my game on vacation mode due to my spouse going into hospital, and one of my cities is also being attacked. Will I come back to a destroyed city if I put it on vacation mode now?

it all depends on what the attacker is doing
you could come back to a destroyed city, the player might just be robbing your resources, or the player might capture your city
once you are officially in vacation mode, no new attacks can be launched on you though