vladimirt
on: 08 Oct 2012 [19:20]
updated: 08 Oct 2012 [19:23]
Translate»
http://1100ad.com/wiki/images/3/36/Heroes_of_hastings_forum_630_shapka.png
Dear players, to honor the Battle of Hastings anniversary on October 14th, the battle that changed the course of history of England, we introduce you the two exclusive “Heroes of Hastings” - William the Conqueror and his rival, the last Anglo-saxon King Harold II Godwinson.

Those heroes are in limited supply and are available in all servers' auctions except for Koryo (as they obviously don't fit the server historical settings).

Each hero comes with unique personalized artifact – Shield of William the Conqueror or Helm of Harold Godwinson accordingly.

http://1100ad.com/wiki/images/5/56/Heroes_of_hastings_w_artifacts_en.jpg

Heroes are already available on the auctions of before-mentioned servers.

At the same time we offer you the contest held on our Facebook and Vkontakte pages, there you can win one of our exclusive heroes (artifact included).

Click here (facebook) or here (vkontakte) for contest details and rules.
cooperzebulon
on: 09 Oct 2012 [00:22]
I have sent and email the the correct address. If I get it wrong, could I please be notified?

Also, is there another way to send in my answers, to make sure that the developers have received them? This would be much appreciated, and quickly... (:s9:)
Cathrine
Developer
on: 16 Oct 2012 [17:27]
The contest is over and we are finally ready to announce those lucky players, who got the right answers to all questions we had prepared for you. All winners will get an exclusive Lvl 24 hero with a unique personal artefact included. So here we go with these lucky guys:

1. vonGraudenz (hero – William the Conqueror);
2. cooperzebulon (hero – William the Conqueror);
3. yarlionheart (hero – William the Conqueror);
4. phantom133 (hero – William the Conqueror);
5. fcorsini (hero – William the Conqueror);
6. jsb (hero – William the Conqueror).

And here come the correct answers:

1. Question: William was called Conqueror, his father – Devil, his great grandfather – Fearless. Name his grandfather and his historical title.

Answer: Richard II the Good 

2. Question: The Battle of Hastings was the battle when the army of the last Anglo-saxon King was defeated by the army of Duke William of Normandy. Name another well-known battle from the British history, where Saxon army was defeated by the army of some legendary character.
Hint: this battle took place in early period of Anglo-saxon invasion into British Isles.

Answer: Battle of Mons Badonicus 

3. Question: Harold Godwinson was the last Anglo-Saxon King of England. Name the one who claimed this title first.

Answer: Alfred the Great 

4. Question: William the Conqueror left Normandy, his homeland, to conquer England. But long before him was another one who came to French territories that are now known as Normandy, settled there and became a ruler of those lands. Who was that person and how was he called among his soldiers (name and title/nickname)?

Answer: Ganger Hrolf (Hrolf, the Walker) 

Thanks to all participants and just spectators, we enjoyed your feedback very much. More contests are coming soon, stay tuned for more information on our Facebook wall.

*A gift, the exclusive hero comes is conditionally free of charge.
It will be added to the provided server within a few days.
cooperzebulon
on: 17 Oct 2012 [02:56]
Can we choose which server the hero is applied to?
crimson
on: 17 Oct 2012 [16:48]
Yes (maybe koryo is off limits??), I think they want you to contact support and tell them what server to place the hero on.
chester23
on: 17 Oct 2012 [23:10]
Darn. I got 3 of the 4. (:s6:)