Bladebane
on: 18 Sep 2012 [06:25]
Translate»
So, I've found a city with the funny graphic that I think is a historical city, and a fortress, both owned by neutrals. Do you capture the historical city like a regular one? Whats the benefit to doing it? It's full of neutral units. And how hard is it to take a fortress? Does that count as a city too?
Roberto
on: 27 Sep 2012 [07:43]
updated: 27 Sep 2012 [07:44]
Quote Bladebane:
Do you capture the historical city like a regular one?

Yes, though the historical city is like a regular city (I believe, in that you need 24 hours to capture it) and the fortress are trickier in a sense that mobs will spawn while you are capturing, though the rules/times are different (look those up).

Quote Bladebane:
Whats the benefit to doing it?

historical city = more resources/hour being extracted
fortress = you can tax everyone in the valley or region (server dependant), or speed up trade campaign speeds and better the free resources exchange rate.

Quote Bladebane:
And how hard is it to take a fortress?

Not hard if you bring the correct troops and "meat" type troops. And it helps when no one else shows up to kill you.

Quote Bladebane:
Does that count as a city too?

historical cities = yes
fortresses = no

Hope that helps, if I posted an error (I have never had the please of attempting a historical city seige), someone correct me please(:s10:)
oniwahoo
on: 29 Aug 2013 [23:52]
Just a note, but each historical city has two of three bonuses, except for capitals which have all three. Increased resource extraction rate (50% more), bonus mercenary points (one thousand), or bonus population in the city (one thousand).