hjuler
on: 14 Sep 2012 [19:49]
updated: 14 Sep 2012 [19:50]
Translate»
First we had server Crusade down for almost 4 hour! And almost 2 hours after you said maintainance would be finished! Then we log on to find 8-10 hours server roll back and a whole day lost! The I found that all the gold I have spent, making water, buying troops etc, is undone, but the gold is still gone!! This is not acceptable!
hjuler
on: 14 Sep 2012 [19:57]
updated: 14 Sep 2012 [19:58]
Please refund 210 gold to my account for making 6 lakes in the valley. And no, I am not going to write support and wait 3 months for a resolve.
MadameM
on: 14 Sep 2012 [20:12]
For me the same. the gold I have spended is stil in your hands Riga but I have no result. this is really not accptable. it is about 300 gold. (:s6:) and for me too: the hole day is lost. I can not understand it. 4 hours crusade off. roll back for 8 - 10 hours? and keep the spended gold?????? change this!!!! and this soon!!!!!!
Mammal
on: 14 Sep 2012 [20:15]
updated: 14 Sep 2012 [20:18]
Quote:
but since the game is still ever changing (and everybody knows that), I think the most all-round players and those that can adapt to new situations should be rewarded.)

I think this is what Shnitzer90 is trying to say!!! I get it now!!! (:s8:) We must adapt to these new changes... Jakob and Miriam, this is part of being a "well rounded player..." (:s6:)
Maddog
on: 14 Sep 2012 [22:16]
updated: 15 Sep 2012 [12:55]
OM(:s13:)G...developers/tech/support...you truly dropped the ball on this server maintenance.
I can understand the servers and game being down longer than you expected because of the maintenance...but to have this huge rollback, is completely unacceptable.

You caused so much wasted time:
People that sent their armies in expectation of being in a certain location and then not being there.
The tons of trades that were posted and filled that got rolled back.
The troop training that didn't happen because of the rollback.
Explorations that got screwed up because of this rollback.
Mercenary hut riots that didn't have armies sent to them because the server rolled back.
Mark towers that expired because the timer continue during this rollback.

Now that is just the free issues that you caused.

You also caused:
Hero Upkeep to be charged to players twice.
Gold building upgrades got charged to people twice.
People that spent gold for faster travel, gold being charged, and then army sitting in town not sent.
Contouring that got charged and never started.
Forts that were created, gold charged, and fort not completed.

I hope that every single person that lost gold because of this rollback writes a support ticket and you get every single one of them resolved very very quickly...but it won't happen fast enough because it is your weekend and you don't work on weekends.

And you better find some major compensation for your customers...and 10,000 of each resource is definitely not going to cut it.

So find a resolution to the issue you created, and find it quickly.
MadameM
on: 14 Sep 2012 [22:42]
updated: 14 Sep 2012 [22:47]
sure I have send a ticket. last night my army stand in blackrock castle. in the morning I had to build mercanaries new because of the losses. I moved the armie out. drive to barbarian settlement and explored there. I builded my mercenaries new... spend gold to excange the recources. send 12 armies to robbing.... made trades with my fortress recources. spend gold to make offers in tavern for artefacts. after rollback my army stands still in blackrock castle. allegedly I have found 72k of each recources in barbarien settlement but never get them because I am back in blackrock castle. (:s6:) my mercs are not builded. my offers on artefacts in tavern are missing. the trades were never done. but my gold for all this action is stil in Riga. give me soon back my gold. and also my found recources. and I demand a compensation for this insolance. as Maddog said, when you come out with 10k of each recources I will loose my control! this time I am really really very very angry. also I wait since 5 days for an answer to my ticket with also high priority. it is not allowed to take gold from players and give no service for it. this time it was to much for me.
schnitzer90
on: 14 Sep 2012 [22:44]
updated: 14 Sep 2012 [22:49]
Quote Mammal:
I think this is what Shnitzer90 is trying to say!!! I get it now!!! (:s8:) We must adapt to these new changes... Jakob and Miriam, this is part of being a "well rounded player..." (:s6:)

How can you even think about divorcing what I said from its context in such a manner??? (:s6:)
From what I have been reading from you until now, I thought you had more decency. (:s27:)
I was talking about a change in gameplay, never was a bug or even anything close to what is decribed here mentioned!! It was just a different topic, are you not able to understand that?

Quote Maddog:
I hope that every single person that lost gold because of this rollback writes a support ticket and you get every single one of them resolved very very quickly...

Quote Maddog:
And you better find some major compensation for your customers...

This I agree with! (:s11:) (:s9:)
Mammal
on: 14 Sep 2012 [23:38]
Shnitzer....I was making a joke.... yes, I know it's a different topic...

You should have been in our Order Chat this morning while we were all waiting for 1100AD to start up again...I won't go into details, but defecating a golden unicorn was the topic of debate that was discussed in great detail...

Side note...I think overall you and Crimson do a great job on the forums...very fast responses...we know you don't get real $$ for the work you guys do. (:s22:)
crimson
on: 15 Sep 2012 [14:39]
Quote hjuler:
First we had server Crusade down for almost 4 hour! And almost 2 hours after you said maintenance would be finished! Then we log on to find 8-10 hours server roll back and a whole day lost!

If maintenance would have gone smoothly, I'm sure they would have made good on their time. But, as with a roll back, something obviously went very wrong. To improve on server performance, updates must be made to the equipment. There is no way around this. I do not know how the server images are made, but if it was possible/reasonable to make a image before the maintenance started, I think they would have done so.

Quote hjuler:
Please refund 210 gold to my account for making 6 lakes in the valley. And no, I am not going to write support and wait 3 months for a resolve.

I know you are mad about losing many hours/gold/plans to this roll back, but are you really going to demand your gold back on the forums. I know you know that this is not going to benefit you in any way. Please help your self and make a support ticket (please keep it clean, no point in bad words, not going to help). If in 48 business hours its not answered, post a thread and I'll try to help. Also, is there a discount on making lakes? 6 X 50 = 300 gold...
Quote MadameM:
and keep the spended gold?????? change this!!!! and this soon

I'm pretty sure, for security reasons and possibly other reasons too, gold is stored on another server completely, hence the reason the image did not restore the gold. Please contact support, I'm sure that there will be a priority given to crusade players and gold restoration.
Quote Maddog:
You caused so much wasted time:
People that sent their armies in expectation of being in a certain location and then not being there.
The tons of trades that were posted and filled that got rolled back.
The troop training that didn't happen because of the rollback.
Explorations that got screwed up because of this rollback.
Mercenary hut riots that didn't have armies sent to them because the server rolled back.
Mark towers that expired because the timer continue during this rollback.

Now that is just the free issues that you caused.

You also caused:
Hero Upkeep to be charged to players twice.
Gold building upgrades got charged to people twice.
People that spent gold for faster travel, gold being charged, and then army sitting in town not sent.
Contouring that got charged and never started.
Forts that were created, gold charged, and fort not completed.

I'm impressed! That is a very good, detailed description. For why the gold was not refunded, I offered an hypothesis on that above. As for the free stuff, you indeed have a very clear point. roll backs are the final step if all else fails. I feel that roll back times need to be adjusted or something needs to be done to reduce the damages caused by lost time caused by roll backs. as to what, I do not know since i have no knowledge on how the systems are maintained. Developers do not do this on purpose. i would think that they would chose the best methods to ensure minimal damage to the players. Now, of course minimal damage would ideally be no damage but reality is hardly ever so "ideal".
Quote Maddog:
I hope that every single person that lost gold because of this rollback writes a support ticket and you get every single one of them resolved very very quickly...but it won't happen fast enough because it is your weekend and you don't work on weekends.

This is indeed very bad. If it was I, I would have done the maintained on Monday, but as I said above, I do not know why it was done on the 14th. I also think the developers would have seen this scenario and would have done maintenance on another day if possible.
Quote Maddog:
And you better find some major compensation for your customers...and 10,000 of each resource is definitely not going to cut it.

Agreed!
Quote Maddog:
So find a resolution to the issue you created, and find it quickly.

The developers did not cause the problem. You MUST maintain and update the equipment for the servers to keep up with the ever increasing load. This is not a non-mandatory thing like most updates are.
Quote MadameM:
also I wait since 5 days for an answer to my ticket with also high priority.

May I look at your ticket, maybe I can help? If you like, please send me your ticket ID in-game on the Crusade server.
Quote Mammal:
You should have been in our Order Chat this morning while we were all waiting for 1100AD to start up again...I won't go into details, but defecating a golden unicorn was the topic of debate that was discussed in great detail...

...I spent three hours considering/thinking/typing this single post, and now, after reading that, I think it was well worth it! Thanks Mammal for reviling what is thought about behind closed doors in MI/IE. I don't even know if I should remove that due to it being kinda graphic for the younger players...(:s31:)
Quote Mammal:
work

I do not consider this "work". It is fun for me to help players. And, in the process, I even learn new things about the game and it helps retain already known things.

I know that anything I say will not help in any way to resolve any of these problems, but I feel that talking may help with the anger, which may lead you to a course of action which will be beneficial.
hjuler
on: 15 Sep 2012 [15:15]
Quote crimson:
I know you are mad about losing many hours/gold/plans to this roll back, but are you really going to demand your gold back on the forums. I know you know that this is not going to benefit you in any way. Please help your self and make a support ticket

I will not make a support, I am done with that. I was making a point.

Quote crimson:
(please keep it clean, no point in bad words, not going to help)

Crimson, I am an adult man, and never ever have I used "bad words", not in a forum and not in a ticket. I have no idea why you would write that to me.

Quote crimson:
Also, is there a discount on making lakes? 6 X 50 = 300 gold...

Yes, they cost 35 gold each for me.

Quote crimson:
The developers did not cause the problem.

I am not sure I understand this part.
crimson
on: 15 Sep 2012 [16:38]
updated: 15 Sep 2012 [16:44]
Quote hjuler:
Crimson, I am an adult man, and never ever have I used "bad words", not in a forum and not in a ticket. I have no idea why you would write that to me.

Well, you seemed very angry. So, as a suggestion, I said that just in case. When someone is very mad, they tend to be unpredictable (again, I'm not targeting you, this is just the case with "most" people)...Sorry if that offended you, that very much was not my intent.

Quote hjuler:
I will not make a support, I am done with that. I was making a point.

What you do is your choice! All I can do to help you on the forums is to suggest to make a support ticket to get your gold back... Sorry.

Quote hjuler:
I am not sure I understand this part.

Hmm, I should come down a bit and say it may have been their fault but just because the roll back did occur does not imply that it was the developers mistake that caused it. I remember a few years ago, a power outage caused all servers to be rolled back to the last saved image. The outage was caused by a peak in power usage during a very hot summer; in no way did the developers cause that (but they probably were a part of it...(:s8:)). Lastly, server maintenance is MANDATORY. the developers MUST maintain the servers otherwise they will fail and there will be no more 1100AD. However, server updates (builds as they are called) are mostly to add new features to the game-play and as such, are not responsible to maintain the servers (basically, the game still works without the added features). These builds are not mandatory and as such, one can point a finger at the developers saying, "your new build did this; the game was working fine before", etc. Basically, in maintenance, there are many more factors that the developers are not in control of, as opposed to coding the builds, which should be done exclusively by the developers and no "middle man" needed.

Does that make more sense?
hjuler
on: 15 Sep 2012 [17:00]
No worries Crimson, but its a natural reaction to get a little angry when money is taken from ones account. Thanks for the explanation.
MadameM
on: 18 Sep 2012 [18:00]
I am stil waiting for my gold and my recources which Riga keep. no response to my ticket. Also we wait stil for a compensation. is it planned in this life?