««« 1 2  3 
Cathrine
Developer
on: 01 Mar 2012 [14:53]
updated: 28 Mar 2012 [13:13]
Translate»
http://www.1100ad.com/wiki/images/8/87/Spring_days_new.jpg
It can very well be below zero outside the window but the first day of March is white-hot all the same. The beginning of spring is a wonderful time, the threshold after overstepping which we turn back on the nippy winter to face into the beauty spring. It is hard to believe it right now but wait just for a few weeks and you will see the first tender leaves on the trees and the first springtime flowers scattering over the ground. Actually, the trees will be filled with the floral odour in only a few days...
Meantime, we have prepared a few mind exercises for you to bide your time with throughout March!
Join the fun and get the remarkable prizes; in this contest, you cannot lose or not win a prize at all!

On various days of March, we will be publishing various questions that should be answered as soon as possible! The correct answer brings each participant a certain number of points. The faster you cut your way through a task the more points you will get.
If a player publishes the answer in the forum or on the social networks then no points will be added for anyone for the affected question.
So, there are 3 kinds of prize levels that you can get in this contest depending on how many points you win:
14 - 29 points – Level One
30 - 44 points – Level Two
45 - 53 points - Level Three – Top Notch!

Ok, let’s go!

Question 1:
This artefact is one of the most enigmatic ancient magical symbols.
So great is its power that one could die of unanswered love once one has used this artefact.

The first 5 right answers win 3 points each. Those answering correctly within 12 hours get 2 points each and everybody else gets 1 point.

Question 2:
Even if the army is small it can, if led by a great commandant, smite an army that is ten times as much but is commanded by a disgusting man.
This event was given the nature of the Holy War.

The first 5 right answers win 4 points each. Those answering correctly within 12 hours get 3 points each and everybody else gets 2 points.

Question 3:
The alchemists spent thousands of years working on creating this item; those who found it eventually were called the adepts. A novel titled in honour of this item was published in 1997, besides.

The first 5 right answers win 3 points each. Those answering correctly within 12 hours get 2 points each and everybody else gets 1 point.

Question 4:
The name of the girl who saved the young hero; both belonged to a generation before the Trojan War. Thanks to her help, the hero found his way back out of the den of the evil using the clew she had given him.
What were the names of the beautiful girl and the young hero?

The first 5 right answers win 4 points each. Those answering correctly within 12 hours get 3 points each and everybody else gets 2 points.

Question 5:
Wars and strikes were waged over this item. It was used to tell fortunes, to save and to kill. In one fairy-tale, the love comparable to the love of this thing turned out to be the strongest love of them all in the end.

Question 6:
If you have answered the previous question correctly then you should certainly know the year in which there was a major riot over that thing.

Question 7:
What was the name of the prosperous German baron and merchant? This nickname was then used to refer to many wealthy people.

Question 8:
The 11th century castle towers on an insurmountable mountain in one mysterious country.
The path to the castle is blocked by a tumultuous river and the steep rocks. Only one with a pure heart, one who’s self-sacrificing and fights for the good and justice can enter the castle.
One should cast away the fleshpots of Egypt and worldly delights to be able to see what is stored in the castle.
So, what is that thing stored in the castle?

Question 9:
Staying under the rule of its English lords nominally, this country is accumulating force to take the first step towards independence.

The first 5 right answers win 5 points each. Those answering correctly within 12 hours get 4 points each and everybody else gets 3 points.

Question 10:
This book authored by an Italian politician describes the character traits, the disposition and the governing skills and methods required for an ideal ruler.
The title and the author’s name?

The first 5 right answers win 5 points each. Those answering correctly within 12 hours get 3 points each and everybody else gets 2 points.

Question 11:
The Druids used this plant for healing purposes. It was also used to draw lots and for fortune-telling.

The first 5 right answers win 3 points each. Those answering correctly within 12 hours get 2 points each and everybody else gets 1 points.

Question 12:
Never once in its whole history was this castle captured by any enemy though great battles raged around it often. The first written record of this stronghold dates back to 1269.

The first 5 right answers win 4 points each. Those answering correctly within 12 hours get 3 points each and everybody else gets 1 points.

Who responds to this question first will get 25 gold.
Please, do not duplicate your answers or your points will be zeroed.

We compliment you on the beginning of the calendar spring and wish you all the luck there is in the new contest!
Please, send your answers to la@ambergames.com. Please, do not forget to indicate your in-game nickname and the name of the server you play on.
The deadline for the answers is 31 March!
The winners will be selected during the first days of April.
««« 1 2  3 
Cathrine
Developer
on: 14 Apr 2012 [18:37]
updated: 16 Apr 2012 [11:13]
Well, contestants! We apologize for the delay in announcing the results.
Due to the fact that two questions were lost, we changed a bit the levels which depend on the number of points:
12 - 25 points – level 1.
26 - 36 points – level 2.
37 - 45 points - level 3, the highest.

And now we're ready to announce our winners!

The following lucky players reached Level 3:
These players have demonstrated both a good knowledge and the tenacity that enabled them to participate in the contest throughout its course until the finish.

CheCheGuevara
Suriya
LA1115
mixa1991
d1n3sk11
HELLGUN
Kirdesm
r01f
tv96969696
daigucis1
dreary
valentin
Sigu

Winners will receive a gift: the ancient Frankish crown.

The following lucky players reached Level 2:

Hakushi
Aleksey10
papusa
Voxa
Lekser
andr8018
Gomer84
Lyubava
jeka2024
Karloc
Hakushi
yinka
deadmoroz
10Kompany
voin_u
RIPLIKATOR
LilJon
montimontan

Winners will receive a gift: the ancient standard of the Vikings.

And the first level winners are:

sen306
daron98
grey2024
qwercom

They will receive the Ring of the King as a prize.

Thanks to everyone who took part in the competition and was patiently waiting for the results.
Prizes will be transferred to the winners in the coming days.
The answers to the contest "Spring Days":
1. the Mirror
2. The Norman Conquest of England; the Battle of Hastings
3. The philosopher’s stone.
4. Ariadne, Theseus
5. Salt! Salt has been the humankind’s greatest treasure since the ancient times.
6. The Salt Riot in Moscow in 1648
7. The Pepper Bag
8. The greatest sanctity – the Holy Grail
9. Ireland – as in the plotline on Britannia Server
10. The Prince, Machiavelli
11. Mistletoe
12. The Colmberg Castle
Karloc
on: 14 Apr 2012 [20:27]
I am pretty sure that my name should be on the list as I count at least 12 points from my correct answers/time of answers...

Am I missing something?
Should I write a ticket for that? (:s28:)
LA1115
on: 16 Apr 2012 [08:16]
Quote Cathrine:
Winners will receive a gift: the ancient standard of the Vikings.

Hi Cathrine,

I'm very pleased to get such a great price.

Actually, is there anything I have to do in order to receive it ?
crimson
on: 16 Apr 2012 [09:13]
LA1115, you will be getting a
Quote Cathrine:
the ancient Frankish crown.
LA1115
on: 16 Apr 2012 [10:31]
Crimson thanks for your comment. For the citation a copied by mistake the wrong line.
Cathrine
Developer
on: 16 Apr 2012 [11:13]
Karloc
Oh, yes, I see your nickname... I apologize for my mistake, was a lot of answers (:s7:)
Karloc
on: 16 Apr 2012 [15:32]
Cathrine
Thank you! (:s11:)
No problem, I understand (:s9:)
««« 1 2  3