feildmaster
on: 20 Dec 2010 [13:59]
updated: 03 Jan 2011 [02:48]
Translate»
Hello and welcome to today's broadcast of 1100AD News.
This is your host, crazy bob(:s38:)... I mean Feildmaster.

THIS JUST IN!!! You can now explore the well, click on the well and if you can explore it, you will get an "explore" tab, click "explore" and troops will spawn in your city, and your troops will proceed to kill them.

Many people have asked many questions about the new server called Aragon, seeing this, and being interested in it myself I have taken liberty on asking Vjaka himself about the details of Aragon, and he has kindly obliged. (:s33:) [Read the uncut, unedited interview here!!!]

Please welcome, Vjaka!!!

Vjaka: Hello, thank you for having me here today.

-pauses for applause-

No no, thank YOU for taking time out to answer the questions many people have been wondering, and without further delay...

Question: How do you attack someone?
You must send an army with a hero

Question: How do walls effect the battle?
Walls slow the enemy down, and increase the defense of defenders (stationed on them). They do not stop siege and cavalry troops in this server! They can walk over walls.

Question: Is there going to be a way to change the formation of the army, or create multiple armies, in your own town?
It is currently being considered.

Question: How do battles work? (Warning: Only read when you're fully functional)
When a battle starts the following happens:
  • The battles are stationed in rounds (each round lasting one minute)
  • The initial round consists of the troops moving within range of each other.
  • When the armies have positioned themselves they will begin attacking.
  • Attacks will be determined by total damage in 1 minute, by each group of attackers.
  • Like usual, the troop that gets attacked is a random troop that is in range
  • Support armies will only take part in the NEXT ROUND
  • To leave the city: You must wait until the end of the current round. (or the end of the battle time limit)

Question: How does the army move in battle?
Each type of troop moves SEPARATELY in battle. This will cause the army to break up into multiple "spots".
Troops move until they are within range of the enemy, and then attack until the end of the round.

Question: Wait a minute, doesn't this mean the formation is unnecessary?
Exactly, but you need it for the start of the battle. (Read the full interview for details)

Question: How do hero skills work?
During battle the hero selects a random troop type (Ex: Swordsman) and gives ALL his buffs to that troop for that round.
The troop with the bonus will have a crown near it's icon.

Question: Wait, does that mean, for example, swordsmen will end up with master archery (if the hero has it)?
Yes, for that turn the swordsmen will have ALL the skills.
To fine-tune it you would have to send only ranged troops with that hero.

Question: How does moral work, when the hero is concerned?
Just like the rest of the skills, the moral boost is only applied to the current troop receiving the heroes boost

Question: So... does the hero get "knowledge" experience from every kill in the army, or just the troop that has the bonuses?
with knowledge, i lack knowledge(:s1:) but i think that it gets applied to all troops

Question: What about exploring the well? Is it going to be fixed?
Yes, it is simply not implemented yet.

Question: Does the army have a set point that it stays at?
The position of the army does not matter, when the battle starts the troops are moved into battle.

Question: Wait, after all this.. since the attacker is able to customize their attacks in this way, doesn't this mean we should be able to customize our city, to a higher degree?
Not answered yet, Also: It doesn't matter too much this early in the game since most people don't have multiple heroes... (yet)

Thank you vjaka, for answering all our questions!
Vjaka: You're welcome.

You heard it here first folks! Crazy bob out(:s32:)!
** End broadcast **
Karloc
on: 20 Dec 2010 [15:05]
Thanks Vjaka and thanx Bob (:s1:)
feildmaster
on: 20 Dec 2010 [15:51]
lol... xD
Monie314
on: 20 Dec 2010 [23:07]
This seem's as if it's going too be an expensive server more like a P2P, you can only send an army if you have a hero in it, which mean's if you dont pay for gold your pretty much doomed
feildmaster
on: 21 Dec 2010 [03:26]
There are always ways to get extra hero's. And yes, you would need multiple armies for multiple attacks. But think of this more as a limiter.
Lord_Perseus
on: 21 Dec 2010 [04:50]
updated: 21 Dec 2010 [04:50]
Quote feildmaster:
There are always ways to get extra hero's. And yes, you would need multiple armies for multiple attacks. But think of this more as a limiter.

I think thats a good thing for players that are more defensive.
feildmaster
on: 03 Jan 2011 [02:49]
You are now able to explore the well, Click on the well, and click "Explore" (You will not see this if you can not explore it).

Rats and Thieves will spawn in your town, be sure your town has troops to protect it.
Karloc
on: 03 Jan 2011 [17:46]
I have been surprised by the thieves and rats after I clicked... I almost lost my hero (:s32:) I guess when you cannot set up your army and the orders of battle, maybe to go in the well is not as great as on the other servers...(:s2:)
feildmaster
on: 12 Jan 2011 [00:56]
they seem to be much stronger on this server.
Billy_Talent
on: 12 Jan 2011 [02:46]
So how often can you explore the well to get rewards? On any server, not just this one.
feildmaster
on: 12 Jan 2011 [03:54]
About once a week. You normally get a message about "Stolen Resources."

If you are unsure just send your hero and army around your towns and explore it.
rostant
on: 27 Feb 2020 [14:29]
So how often can you explore the well to get rewards? On any server, not just this one.