DarkOrchid
on: 15 Dec 2010 [08:46]
Translate»
can you plz explain how morale will work in this realm since we can no longer assign separate armies with individual heros in them when they are all sitting in a home town. this may be the most important question yet asked for this realm, since if your whole army is sitting in one town with 18 heros, then only 250 or so of each troop is gonna attack at any given time, and only 2 or 3 stacks of hero skills will take effect i presume eh? so if an entire army got caught in a town that an entire order attacked simultaneously with only 1 towns worth of armies each..then they could prolly destroy an entire maxed army and 18 heros and only lose one small platoon from each of their order members armies! i almost hesitate to even reveal this idea, but what the hell.. you get the general idea of my vague question.. now enlighten us plz! (:s24:)
DarkOrchid
on: 18 Dec 2010 [04:10]
bump
feildmaster
on: 18 Dec 2010 [04:48]
I'll see if I can get a conversation with Vjaka later, I would like to discuss this server in detail myself. Actually.

If/When this discussion happens i will post my results... Somewhere, probably a new topic
DarkOrchid
on: 19 Dec 2010 [01:33]
Word, sounds great brother!
shadowdog1
on: 19 Dec 2010 [04:05]
I can't wait to see your official results Fieldmaster!
I'm an ex-member of IE and we did a few experiments of our own on morale. It's been a long time since I've played so i've forgot a lot but i think i can recall the obvious basics.

1. Morale is the number of each troop type that attacks per round
2. Maddog estimated the typical number of troops that attack are 200-300.
3. This number decreases for troops with poor morale and increases for ones with good morale
4. Having more than 1 non hero army on a square drastically decreases this number
5. Leadership skill increases this number
6. High tavern level increases this in your own city
7. If these ideas are correct, a standard army would have a large meat shield of swords and then 300ish of every other troop type for maximum firepower.
Gavin
on: 19 Dec 2010 [04:16]
i just have to say that the morale adjectives of 'poor', 'normal(says nothing)', 'good' and 'excellent' actually stand for something and that value of 250 everyone on the forums now throws around(perhaps due to my own fault for showing it as an example of a sort of calculation you can do in game)

and the real question is how the morale plays out on a different tactic system not what the morale is, something i cannot add to much really as i have not played on this server, just be aware of the adjectives, they mean something, test all types of adjective troops not just one type and assume all others are the same
crimson
on: 19 Dec 2010 [04:36]
Quote shadowdog1:
Having more than 1 non hero army on a square drastically decreases this number

morale = how many troops of the same type (pike men, swordsmen, knights, etc) can attack per attack phase. if more than one non-hero group is on the same cell there is a morale penalty for all non-hero groups in the same cell. basically, it divides morale by number of non-hero groups which means you most likely do less damage per attack.