DarkOrchid
on: 05 Dec 2010 [05:47]
Translate»
How do we change the army formation from default to whatever one we design, on the troops that are just stationed in our cities?? You can assign a new formation if you attack someone, but i cant seem to find the tab where we pick what formation the troops just stationed in my city are in.
DarkOrchid
on: 05 Dec 2010 [07:55]
Also, if we have walls in our cities, how can we place troops on them to recieve the def bonus, or does that not happen in this server.
crimson
on: 05 Dec 2010 [09:43]
Quote DarkOrchid:
You can assign a new formation if you attack someone, but i cant seem to find the tab where we pick what formation the troops just stationed in my city are in.

its the configure drop-down list in the attack menu
Quote DarkOrchid:
how can we place troops on them to recieve the def bonus, or does that not happen in this server.

I think that is automatically done.
DarkOrchid
on: 05 Dec 2010 [11:14]
Quote:
its the configure drop-down list in the attack menu

yes, thats how you set the formation for an attack, but there is no way to apply newly created formations to the troops that are just defending. i.e. i make a brand new formation, how do i apply it to the troops just sitting in my town.
Vjaka
on: 05 Dec 2010 [11:36]
DarkOrchid
Do not overestimate the means of the formation. This is just initial positioning of your troops (with same effect how attack range works). After combat is started, all units are moving if cannot reach the enemy, so if you make formation:
1st: marksman
2st: swordsman
3rd: knight
4th: hero
after a few rounds your army will look like this:
1st: swordsman, knight
2th: hero
3th: marksman

However, we still have several ideas how to expand the possibilities of control while not adding too many bonuses to it.
hiero
on: 06 Dec 2010 [23:36]
updated: 06 Dec 2010 [23:37]
Vjaka - that is very interesting - new knowledge!

If anybody saw the answer I briefly posted, disregard. We are talking about aragon, and I forgot that.
kingtoak
on: 07 Dec 2010 [06:50]
Dont like it!!!(:s4:)
(:s27:)
hiero
on: 08 Dec 2010 [17:05]
Quote kingtoak:
on: Yesterday [06:50]
Dont like it!!!

I have to agree. And now we've been assigned a new town. It was only a few hours, but there was effort put in to the first town - and put in prior to discovering exactly what "No Battle Tactics" meant. I was extremely disappointed when I discovered how much was lost.
ma_archer
on: 10 Dec 2010 [01:51]
Quote:
Dont like it!!!

If you don't like it, there's always Crusades(:s10:)
But you better not abandon me!!!
clayton92
on: 11 Dec 2010 [01:36]
Quote ma_archer:
But you better not abandon me!!!

(:s8:)(:s8:) il help u on aragon.
Quote ma_archer:
Crusades

(:s7:)
ma_archer
on: 13 Dec 2010 [19:36]
Quote:
il help u on aragon

It's always a pleasure to work with you Clayton (:s24:)
You ROCK!!!

But King, is my rock & I enjoy playing with him (:s28:)